Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last night at work noticed alot of pics had a photobucket placeholder image... thought it was an issue with the firewall at work or something. Got home and noticed same thing... but was too tired to look it up. This morning I noticed this on NewX.

So it seems anyone that posted pics (particularly for DIY or projects) are being held for ransom... Now I know that bandwidth costs $$ and 'free' accounts are a drain for them, but this is annoying.

And no, I don't think "ransom" is inappropriate here as if you have a bunch of photos you're not likely to re-host them elsewhere and to share to 3'rd party sites (CF.org for example) they want $400/yr

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
Noticed the same thing. $400 a YEAR!! I did not even click the pay now button. What is even worse is that they, like you said, are holding those pictures hostage. You can not even use them or even view them on their site.

·
Registered
374 Posts
well let the virus begin!:serious:

·
Registered
256 Posts
If you have any pictures on PB download them NOW.

PB has just shown that they will change their terms of service quickly and with little notice.

They may decide to remove the download ability.

Or more likely, after this stunt they will go the way of Geocities and be gone soon, along with all of your pics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts