Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I have a 2018 Pro 4X. A truck doesn't come with a moon roof and no roof rack, I guess its a standard Pro 4X trim, not a premium trim package that's include moon roof and rack. so I'm wondering if I can just install a moon roof only. I really don't care about roof rack. If you have any recommendations or advise on any products or installation, please let me know. Thank you.

·
Registered
2016 Frontier Pro-4X
18 Posts
Hello everyone,

I have a 2018 Pro 4X. A truck doesn't come with a moon roof and no roof rack, I guess its a standard Pro 4X trim, not a premium trim package that's include moon roof and rack. so I'm wondering if I can just install a moon roof only. I really don't care about roof rack. If you have any recommendations or advise on any products or installation, please let me know. Thank you.
Yes, you can install a sun/moon roof. Either after market or OEM. I put an aftermarket sun roof in a car in the 80's. It was not a powered one. The easiest route would probably be OEM and use OEM hardware and switches, etc. But there may be some interesting options aftermarket or even an OEM one from another vehicle. Could even combine using aftermarket parts with OEM parts. Get your angle grinder and/or reciprocating saw ready! Make sure to cover the inside of the truck when cutting....measure 10 times and cut once!
If you do it...then PLEASE record it or take many pictures along the way! Would be a great Youtube video! If you don't do it, then let us know why. What obstacles.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your insight and advise for the sun/moon roof installation. I will look into either OEM or after market.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts