Nissan Frontier Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Great job man! I feel ya tho, it's tough to find Nissan guys up here in central Canada. No shortage of 4 runners and Tacoma's in the Overland scene though haha

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
Hahaha, Here too my dude. On this island it’s all Jeeps and Tacomas.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Nice rig. I love it that our trucks stand out from the T crowd. I’ve seen more than a few T owners checking out my truck and I think “yeah, MF... & I’m in it for waaay less than you, and yours is still lookin’ stock and like every other T that rolls by”...

:)
I know that feeling all too well haha. Practically think that every time someone in one or the other revs up next to me and wants to race. My personal favorite is on steep grade climbs where I can show them the facts.
I can only imagine what people stop and talk to you about when they see yours. I say that because I could be at a 711 and before I leave the parking lot I’ve stayed 17 minutes longer than expected because someone was like “Set up for adventures, eh?” and we get to talking. Last Saturday this dude hammered me for over an hour just so psyched over how neat and tidy everything sits on the rack.

I honestly love that these trucks are slept on by most.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
June 9, 2019-

Decide I’m going to bolt the rack into bed. Piece all the hardware together to mount. Begin to drill toward the rear, drill, and notice there’s a dip within the bed rail that prevents the nut from grabbing the bolt.
View attachment 308900

June 13, 2019-

After much cursing, I look for clamps. I find clamps for bed toppers and caps. Order a pair. Gave a few coats of red because I’m going black and red with olive accents. Mounted to bed.

**Going to eventually make a design and have it put on the tailgate, all three colors in matte so it stands out against the gloss of the truck.

View attachment 308901
Oh and just a quick tip:
I went with a larger set than what the Frontier called for, due to the thickness of the rack legs. I can’t remember the dimensions exactly but they’re for the Titan.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts