*aftermarket tire and wheel set, suspension lift,

*aftermarket rear bumper,

*rci modular rack,

*rough country LED fog lights,

*RTT,

*and miscellaneous items

Interior:

*Rough Country laser cut poly floor mats,

*and ProElite quilted olive green faux leather seat covers.

Exterior:

*20” LED doublerow light bar mounted on 24” bull bar with fabricated license plate bracket (replaces factory plastic mount),

*rough country LED fog light kit,

*rough country 3” step cab length nerf bars,

*black oem replacement powder coated steel rear bumper (orig. chrome steel),

*RCI modular bedrack (52” length mounted with tight lock truck cap clamps-red and black),

*Smittybilt Overlander RTT (off the passenger side foldout,

*mounted with oe hardware to rack, *tied down to rack with ratchet straps-black and red for extra security),

*Plano xxl storage trunk (olive green),

*24” LED double row lightbar mounted to underside of rack off the rear (red),

*CaterGator 45 rotomold cooler (mounted to passenger rear cleat— coyote tan),

*5 gallon water cooler (mounted to driver side rear cleat),

*28” Fiskars chopping axe (mounted on rack with Quickfist-all black),

*30” digging shovel (mounted on rack with Quickfist- black and red), *54” Smittybilt trailjack (mounted on rack with a fun amount of hardware I made,

*all tools locked down with coated wire overkill and key locks)

Drivetrain: *all stock

Suspension & Tires:

*Level 8 Slam (matte black) 17x8.5 on 6x4.5 (5.22 backspace with +12 offset with hub bore of 76.1 with hub rings for proper figment***now hub+lug centric with a wider track than stock-cut out that body roll) *wrapped in Mickey Thompson Deegan 38’s ATs (265/70r17) ***kept it a fraction smaller than Nissan’s largest sold tire and wheel combo to avoid any warranty issues, which is still a 32x10.5 tire,

*on Bilstein 5100’s all around set all the way,

*Readylift 1.5” lift shackles paired with Readylift add-a-leaf ***which lifted wayyy more than the 1.5 they said it would).

Armor: **Mona’s naked

Performance: **Mona’s stock until 100k

Gear and Other: ***see exterior for most,

*Silvania SilverStar 9007 (replaces oem basic silvania bulbs),

*double 2” hitch receiver for a recovery 3/4” shackle (red)

*and rear hitch mount spare tire carrier (currently off because I just added the leaves and wanted to see how much stiffer the ride was, also need to drill out another pin hole because it sits too far off the rear...bringing it in another 3-4”)

In Progress:

*Gas cans,

*Maxtrax,

*RhinoRack euro roof-rack kit 54/58” set,

*need rack to mount already purchased ARB Awning 814301 and mounts (off pass.side w/tent),

*roof rack basket (grate bottom), *PVC gravity fed shower and roof-rack mount system (DIY project off driverside—can’t wait),

*400w solar panel kit to power a 12v deep cycle to power all auxiliary lights, air compressor, inverter, tools, and miscellaneous items and future aspirations (leaving my crank amps alone and not adding another alternator),

*plasti-dip the chrome Nissan badge and grill piece to black,

*drop the tailgate to add a Wilco vertical mount rear spare tire swing gate,

*drop the muffler to throw in flowmaster,

*swap out that crimped y pipe,

*drop the front bumper for a pre-runner tube/ the heftyfabs available/ or calmini (undecided), *then skid plates,

*air locker,

*and beef up the diff cover.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Nice, but we see nuthin’. Pics of the naked lady, please.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice, but we see nuthin’. Pics of the naked lady, please.
Oh definitely. I didn’t know if it was appropriate to post pics along with the “copy and paste” fill in. Looking to gather the piecing together of it all pics and post to the off-road or overland thread.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First exterior mod: Sticker slap, second day on the road. Kept it light (3/14/19)

Second up: Installed Rough Country 3” tube nerf step while waiting for original wheel and tire set. 4wp calls says they sold me a rim that is discontinued and we cancel the sale. Begin looking for new wheel set. Undecided whether I’m going with a PRG advanced 3” kit, or piecing together something else. In the meantime, install Rough Country laser cut floor mats (3/28/19)

Thirdly: Finally locate new wheel set. Didn’t mount right away because I was still deciding between the overall future of the truck. Still deciding now between going all in on the fabtech kit, going halfway in with the advanced 3” PRG with upper control arms, or Bilstein 5100’s set all the way and a shackle to level her. So, after a few nights of shopping around I’d pieced the rest of her together and decided to not go all in off the bat. Got a few install quotes; one for the Fabtech, and one for the PRG 3”. Finally decided I can do everything I want with a modest leveling kit, but didn’t want to go spacer and block kit. So, ended up going with:

17x8.5- Level 8 Slams wrapped in 265/70r17- Mickey Thomson Deegan 38 ATs (including a spare) and 5100’s all around with a ReadyLift 1.5” shackle. Leveled, lifted, and flattened the leaf springs. Mounted wheel set. Installed Rough Country led fogs (no fogs at stock) (4/26/19)

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
June 7, 2019-

Then, finally deciding on the RCI 52x18” modular bed-rack to support the Smittybilt Overlander RTT I had ordered from 4WP, picked up the ARB awning due to a sale, later deciding it’d be best on the roof of the truck, not the rack. Much dispute went into this decision, naturally I’d wanted to go steel but I was budgeting myself. Both online and locally were just too high for my range. Found this RCI rack, just punching in measurements I’d ideally want it to be and it was exact. And, could be swapped if let’s say I get a full size pick up; side to side span adjusts to accommodate all beds. Bought it sometime in May, had to wait 3 weeks for fabrication, and shipment. Installed the first week in June.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
June 9, 2019-

Decide I’m going to bolt the rack into bed. Piece all the hardware together to mount. Begin to drill toward the rear, drill, and notice there’s a dip within the bed rail that prevents the nut from grabbing the bolt.

June 13, 2019-

After much cursing, I look for clamps. I find clamps for bed toppers and caps. Order a pair. Gave a few coats of red because I’m going black and red with olive accents. Mounted to bed.

**Going to eventually make a design and have it put on the tailgate, all three colors in matte so it stands out against the gloss of the truck.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
July 13, 2019-
After mounting bed rack. I’d went a little bolt crazy. Pieced together a rear spare tire carrier because like I said, got bolt happy. Got a dual 2” hitch receiver, stacked a recovery point at the bottom, and a Curt spare tire carrier (which works perfect with our bolt pattern because it’s such a small bolt pattern like a typical trailer tire) on top. Yes, I’d lost the ability to open it from the rear for now, but also plan to weld brackets to it folds. It also sits a bit off the rear, but was happy to had driven around with it for a bit because it’d sparked the idea of adding the add-a-leaf I ended up installing (get to later).

Still bolt happy...Now, I needed to relocate the rear license plate. While shopping around for the bracket I’d end up finding, I’d found some deals on light bars. To my luck, they would require some measuring and some thinking, some drilling, more hardware, more drilling, and finally would be installed.

Got the rear bar at 24” in red, just as an accent to the black that’s all around. Went with a basic trailer led attached to the mount (big REQ here in NY).

Then, cut some holes into the underside of the bumper to sneak a wrench behind the holes I had drilled in the front for the mounting of the ‘bull bar’ (lol it’s literally a 2 foot bar) which is welded to the front license plate bracket then bolted to the bumper mounts. Which only serves as a light bar mount for a 20” led setup. Came out pretty sweet though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
July 13, 2019-
After mounting bed rack. I’d went a little bolt crazy. Pieced together a rear spare tire carrier because like I said, got bolt happy. Got a dual 2” hitch receiver, stacked a recovery point at the bottom, and a Curt spare tire carrier (which works perfect with our bolt pattern because it’s such a small bolt pattern like a typical trailer tire) on top. Yes, I’d lost the ability to open it from the rear for now, but also plan to weld brackets to it folds. It also sits a bit off the rear, but was happy to had driven around with it for a bit because it’d sparked the idea of adding the add-a-leaf I ended up installing (get to later).

View attachment 308903

Still bolt happy...Now, I needed to relocate the rear license plate. While shopping around for the bracket I’d end up finding, I’d found some deals on light bars. To my luck, they would require some measuring and some thinking, some drilling, more hardware, more drilling, and finally would be installed.

View attachment 308904

Got the rear bar at 24” in red, just as an accent to the black that’s all around. Went with a basic trailer led attached to the mount (big REQ here in NY).

Then, cut some holes into the underside of the bumper to sneak a wrench behind the holes I had drilled in the front for the mounting of the ‘bull bar’ (lol it’s literally a 2 foot bar) which is welded to the front license plate bracket then bolted to the bumper mounts. Which only serves as a light bar mount for a 20” led setup. Came out pretty sweet though.

View attachment 308906
Oh and just because it makes me happy— the plastic cut outs from the holes drilled for the sneaking wrench (I’d used a 2” hole saw) under the plastic factory skid plate... I’d slapped on top of the washers I used to raise the light up a bit and to reduce any vibrations through the mounting surface, as a bushing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
August 12, 2019-

Added the rest of the gear on to the rack. All gear on is required for wheeling here on LI.
Dropped the spare tire carrier to pop in some new pin holes and work on the folding brackets, which will bring it closer to the tail (roughly a nice 3” gap between tire and tailgate will be left) where the carrier will be another 4” into the hitch.

Added more stickers to rear windows for privacy, left the rear sliding glass untouched. Tied in 2-50’ ropes for my Pitbull and my Yellow Lab, which double as tarp ties.

Bolted in some tie down points. Used a few 3 1/2” grade 8 bolts to mount the jack. Went bolt, washer, rubber squash washer, taped the threads with electrical tape, jack, washer, and lock washer. Quickfists for the shovel, and chopping axe. Then, made a lock system for it using red coated wire, cable clamps, and locks (which wraps the jack, axe, and shovel and is threaded in and out of the rack, and didn’t think up until after these pics).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sept. 7, 2019-

Add a Plano sportsman’s storage box to the bed for all my other camping gear, machete, tree saws, cookware, tools, and basic survival necessities. Load some wood.

Go to install the ReadyLift add-a-leaf spring. Check to see all hardware is there, everything looks fine. Knew I was going to have ubolts made. I have an SD not too far from me. Gave the measurements and had them made. Begin the install. Pull the spring, add the spring, then realize the bolt in the package has a hollow hex head and is too large for the axel housing. Call them to see if there was a proper bolt for fitment, maybe it was wrongly packaged. Nope, tell me to machine a bolt or grind down the bolt in the kit. Cautious to do that because of the hollow head. Machine a solid grade 8 bolt to accommodate the new leaf kit. Pop it all together and tackle the opposite side. Would never recommend if you don’t have the know how to do that. The dude Dave who’d helped me, had a friend who was a machinist who had a garage. So, the bolt is precise to fit as the original spring pin. Torqued everything down and couldn’t believe how much the rear was lifted.

Kit says between 1.5-2” of lift for most models, but this kit most definitely spans I don’t know how many trucks because it’s a universal leaf kit. Reviews pointed at Titans (all I could find).

Reintroduced the rake, which I don’t mind at considering the amount of weight on/in the bed. Then, brought her into the shop I use to balance, and align the tires. And, as you can see the driveway needed to be redone. There’s that.

All I have left to do for the time being is cut the stock muffler pipe tip, and install a Gibson straight cut tip. Then, mount my rotomolded cooler to the rear passenger cleat.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Man that is sweet setup!
Thank you! I’ve got to say though, it’s nothing compared to some builds I’ve came across when finding this site. But, being that it was brand new I didn’t want to run into some of the warranty stories I’ve read about while cruising the site. So, I kept it modest and used the money from my last truck to budget the build.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Really like that rack setup. Well done.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Really like that rack setup. Well done.
Thanks, had a blast piecing it together. Have a few more things that need to get on there and some flat bars I have to get to drilling to brace it at the base (doesn’t need it) and add a few more mounting points.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
(Also Sept. 7, 2018–)

Forgot I’d told the story about the bumper and never showed the bumper. Still steel, just black powder coated oem replacement. Dirt cheap at $200 (no tax/free ship like practically everything I slapped on this). Also, included the step covers, new black housed lights, mounting bolts, wires w/clip, and new license plate mounts. Literally a pull and pop job. But, accidents happen and I’m fixing the original as well. When that’s all banged out I’ll plasti dip it and keep it stored, when that happens I’ll hit the grill too and get that out of the way.

Off topic: I live 1/2 mile away from the Atlantic, there’s a barrier island just south of where I am and after that...the ocean. Winters are salty. There’s salt everywhere. Rust is no joke. I want to give her belly a few coats of something real nice.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks awesome! Love the fellow overlanders!
Thanks a lot man. I love them as well, just wish there were more around where I live. I’ve cruised some threads looking for meet-ups and things of the like. Came up very short. Looks to me like there’s more going on out West involving that.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Great job man! I feel ya tho, it's tough to find Nissan guys up here in central Canada. No shortage of 4 runners and Tacoma's in the Overland scene though haha

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
404 Posts
Nice rig. I love it that our trucks stand out from the T crowd. I’ve seen more than a few T owners checking out my truck and I think “yeah, MF... & I’m in it for waaay less than you, and yours is still lookin’ stock and like every other T that rolls by”...

:)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts