Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, this is a place to post any mod you did that you regret doing for whatever reason.... It didn't turn out the way you expected, didn't achieve the expected gains, messed something up in the process... whatever! Let's learn from others and maybe get some ideas to improve on what didn't work for you! Someone out there might be considering the same mod but now has a chance to think twice!

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Doin' the headlight reflector mod... PITA!!.. for?... meh.... :laugh:

btw. there is/was a thread about this one.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
steel wheels

Body lift

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
spending a dime with calmini

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Volant cold air intake-shouldn't have done it unless I was ready to do exhaust and tuner at the same time.

Total Chaos upper control arms-hate greasing the dang things all the time.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Nothin on mine. Maybe wish I would've done the 3" PRG rather than the 2".

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
My absolute biggest waste of money was the 3" spacer lift/rear block combo. After two days the truck looks absolutely no different than stock, absolutely no performance gain...just hindered me.

Every fu(king pair of ProComp tires I have ever owned...I think I have had 4 sets; 2 MT's, 1 AT, and right now I am running Xterrains :( I HATE Pro Comp tires; worse than the stock rugged trails! I only end up with them because I am too cheap to buy new; and everyone else hates their ProComps so they get rid of them super cheap.

Titan Swap w/ 6" SAW's; absolutely nothing wrong with this set up at all...I just wish I wouldn't have wasted my time and just did it right the first time. I have learned a VERY valuable lesson from this.

Oh, and not so much truck specific; but I purchased it specifically for my truck. My Navigon portable GPS; worst POS evaaarrrr! It randomly recalculates the route and asks you to back track many miles just to turn around and continue on the same road? Absolutely useless POI, doesn't find sh!t but Jack in the Boxes.

There are a few more things I can think of..but I will leave it at this.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Terribleone, was your spacers for the body or the suspension? And how is it possable that it mad no change? I think I didn't understand what you ment.

I wish I would have realized that when I lifted my truck 2 inches, it was still going to be a$$ hight. I hate that. I wish my truck was level. I guess I need 3 inches in the front, now. PLUS a alinement.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Airaid TBS - do nothing waste, w/ irritating hissing/whistling sound

WRP TBS - do nothing waste, w/o irritating hissing/whistling sound

·
Registered
17,537 Posts

·
Registered
17,537 Posts
not trying to knock greg or PRG but i prefer the ICON's to the radflo's after riding in several rigs that have both (w/ 600 lb springs)

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Why steel wheels, if you don't mind me asking? Just the weight?
The weight was the biggest problem. It was wearing out everything in the front end. Before I got the coilovers I couldn't go wheeling with out blowing a shock. My MPG's was in the 12's.
Since they don't make steel rims that fit the Gen2's I had to use wheel spacers witch may them to wide. No matter how much I trim the fenders they would still rub on the trails. Also every other time I would go to remove a wheel a lug nut would seized on the stud and brake off.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Getting Married...oh Sorry Wrong Thread
Winch, Once I Got It Installed I Never Got Stuck Again........so Still Brand New Behind The Bumper

1 - 20 of 41 Posts