Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I like the spokes smoothed out, but my painting "skills" are definitely not that good and I'm not sure about the color. Kinda makes me think disco ball. Has anyone used any of the other Duplicolor wheel paint colors? I think I'd like to use a darker color like their graphite. Actually, I thought the wheel looked pretty good with the gray primer and thought a matte clear on top of that might be cool. But, I'm not sure how either of those would look on my Granite truck. I'm still contemplating scrapping the idea and going aftermarket. Guess I'll live with this one for a while and decide. Anyway, here's what I did (filled in OE "flutes" with JB Weld and painted with Duplicate-Color Silver paint and gloss clear coat)...

·
Premium Member
7,135 Posts
Is your truck color more of a brown/tan or a gray/silver? Can be somewhat challenging mixing/matching the two as far as shades/hues.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Is your truck color more of a brown/tan or a gray/silver? Can be somewhat challenging mixing/matching the two as far as shades/hues.
I usually tell people brown, but it's got a gold hue too, I think. I'm not very good with colors, hence my problem. Anyway, here it is...

@;
Looks good!
Thanks

·
Registered
337 Posts
I believe that is a "champaign brown" one thing about that color, it does not show dirt.

I usually tell people brown, but it's got a gold hue too, I think. I'm not very good with colors, hence my problem. Anyway, here it is...

@;

Thanks
LED's? Didn't notice them in the foglight position, did you do it? Those new headlights look good!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, it's got to be really dirty to look dirty.

Yep, those are eBay fogs. The light is so white I had to get LEDs for the headlights.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I used duplicolor wheel paint "graphite" on my rims. I think they turned out okay , considering I'm no painter. I sprayed two light coats of graphite and thtee coats of clear.(clear is also duplicolor wheel paint) the clear is pretty necessary if u want the color to stay put, also they are easier to clean. But, my truck is color code kv1, something dark grey metallic? The graphite is pretty close to truck color. I think it matches alright.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I used duplicolor wheel paint "graphite" on my rims. I think they turned out okay , considering I'm no painter. I sprayed two light coats of graphite and thtee coats of clear.(clear is also duplicolor wheel paint) the clear is pretty necessary if u want the color to stay put, also they are easier to clean. But, my truck is color code kv1, something dark grey metallic? The graphite is pretty close to truck color. I think it matches alright.
Did you post a pic? I'm not even seeing my pics right now. Here's a pic of the truck today (I hope) with one side done in granite. I'm pretty sure this is what I'm going to stay with...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sorry messed up lighting. I'll take one in the sun later.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)

·
Registered
337 Posts
You could do the wheels the same color as your truck. I think the way you smoothed out the front, the wheels would just blend in. With that color, (never seen it on a truck) it might work.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You could do the wheels the same color as your truck. I think the way you smoothed out the front, the wheels would just blend in. With that color, (never seen it on a truck) it might work.
I'm not sure how that works. I've been looking at paint designed specifically for wheels. I'm not sure how standard body paint would hold up on wheels. I know that if I had not gone with Duplicolor, I like the Rustoleum steel color. At least I like what it looks like on the can and pictures on the Internet. Who knows , I may change it up again later on. For now though, I think I'm going to finish in Duplicolor graphite and live with it for a while.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hadn't thought about the heat from the front brakes. But with the way you have smoothed out everything, the look would be awesome.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts