Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Terry S in Eastern Canada. Purchased the new 2002 Frontier, our third Missan p/u, both previous ones were purchased used. Only moderately satisfied with the 2002; however now driving less and retired I will keep it for the moment. It was assembled in the US and some of the quality is a bit suspect. Previuos to the Nissans we had owned several Toyota p/us only one of which was bought new.
Specific Frontier problems are/have been poor quality OE tyres, water getting into one of the light assemblies, very poor fuel consumption, even with truck unloaded, having to add 'helper' rear springs to carry less that the rated load of 1400 lbs and the number of difference and/or unecessary changes from our previous Nissans that detract fom the convenience and use of the vehicle. Also and this is a problem, I believe, with only Canadian models, is that one could not order the frontier without a bunch of 'compulsory options', such as A/C, cruise control, electric locks and so on. All, more gadgets to potentially go wrong! Also the one and only dealer who won't even answer questions even when in writing. While most unlikely that will buy another vehicle soon, only 30,000 miles up to June 2005 since bought new in mid/late 2002, it will be a long hard look befiore it will be a Nissan. UNLESS a simple 'plain-jane' four cylinder pick with absolutely no 'extras' at all; similar to the used 1990 we bought fourth hand in 1996 and 'drove into the ground' in this corrosive climate becomes avaialble. That 1990 Japanese manufactured truck had manual steering, single speed wipers, no radio (we added one) and manual everything else. Went like a bomb, good fuel consumption and could carry up to 1000 pounds with little effort at 60+ mph on the highway. Wish I could buy that one again!
Discussion about my disappointments with the frontier, anyone?
TerryS

·
Registered
39 Posts
I dont think its only Nissan that puts just ok tires on their cars/trucks..Every brand I have worked for doesnt seem to splurge on tires. Its hard to find a plain jane truck like what you are wanting..(but i think my dealer has one in stock oddly enough) they just dont sell enough to keep in inventory..But it sounds like you have a problem with your dealer also...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts