Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend I was visiting at a friends who has a 2014 4x4 CC SV. He has this black verticle strip of trim between the cab and bed. My 2017 4x4 CC SV does not. Does anyone know what this is called, what it's purpose is and why they got rid of it? I've attached a link to a picture of it. Thanks in advance!
https://imgur.com/a/54KTl

·
Registered
2016 Frontier SV 4x4 Crew Cab
1,100 Posts
Interesting. i dont have that either. does it touch both the cab and bed? the frame flexes a small amount there and trim might detach from the weakest side and rub through the paint eventually. I've never seen trim there on a pickup. i wonder if that is really factory. be happy that you don't have it. it's like those plastic trim pieces that were the rage 20 years ago to stick on your doors. ever peel those off after 10 years? there is so much dirt and crap that gets trapped in there... trim is a rust magnet, the less the better IMO

·
Registered
934 Posts
Here are the part numbers:
938G6-9BF0A (Crew Cab)
938G6-9BF0B (King Cab)

Some where around the year 2014 Nissan added these the help with fuel economy MPG.
You will have to see if myth busters will do show on if they help increase MPG....LOL

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
It's attached to bed and takes up about 50% of the gap between the bed and body. He didn't buy if aftermarket, says it came from Nissan that way.

Here are the part numbers:
938G6-9BF0A (Crew Cab)
938G6-9BF0B (King Cab)

Some where around the year 2014 Nissan added these the help with fuel economy MPG.
You will have to see if myth busters will do show on if they help increase MPG....LOL
Hey, thanks for the P/Ns! Fuel economy huh? I guess they don't work so they got rid of them?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
6,684 Posts
This weekend I was visiting at a friends who has a 2014 4x4 CC SV. He has this black verticle strip of trim between the cab and bed. My 2017 4x4 CC SV does not. Does anyone know what this is called, what it's purpose is and why they got rid of it? I've attached a link to a picture of it. Thanks in advance!
https://imgur.com/a/54KTl
I have that on my 2014 4x4 CC SV, it's to fill the gap between the cab and bed, that's it. No magical powers or anything special LOL

FYI your last photo is not showing the right part you're describing in your first post. I should take a pic of mine for this thread.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have that on my 2014 4x4 CC SV, it's to fill the gap between the cab and bed, that's it. No magical powers or anything special LOL

FYI your last photo is not showing the right part you're describing in your first post. I should take a pic of mine for this thread.
Actually the purpose according to Nissan is fuel economy. Now if it works or not is another story. The quote below is directly from the 2013 Nissan frontier press kit.

Fuel economy for most 2013 Frontier models has increased one-to-two miles per gallon due to reduced engine friction and enhanced aerodynamics. A seal has been added between the cab and bed, the front spoiler has been extended and rear tire wind deflections and a new tailgate spoiler have been added.

·
Premium Member
6,684 Posts
Actually the purpose according to Nissan is fuel economy. Now if it works or not is another story. The quote below is directly from the 2013 Nissan frontier press kit.
Yeah OK I already knew that... I was just avoiding bringing up the "gas mileage" debate in this thread, as it's already a subject of another thread that's going way overboard LOL

Realistically though, if you look at it it's not even "sealed". It doesn't even go all the way to the top and bottom edge of the bed. But I've seen one without it, and it definitely looks better than seeing open air ::smile::

·
Registered
2016 Frontier SV 4x4 Crew Cab
1,100 Posts
weird, my 2016 doesn't have it. they must have dropped it after only a couple years.

·
Registered
2017 Pro-4X w/Luxury Package
957 Posts
I looked at a couple of new ones recently and they didn't have them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts