Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be in the area from Feb 14-17. Will be staying at the GF brother's house in Apple Valley. Wondering if anyone would be interested in getting together for a CF Meet and Greet. Could do breakfast, lunch or dinner doesn't matter to me. I plan on being the truck so we can get home if the weather gets bad. Figured I will reach out and see what happens.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Well, I would love to meet up, but I'm going to be out of town. Heck, Appleton OHV area is open, there's nothing like a little winter off-roading.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I just plan to get together and hang out. a little too far for wheeling in the winter
Ah, gotcha. Either way, would love to swing down there if I was around for that weekend.

·
Registered
788 Posts
yea her family isn't leaving the area so I will be back out again some time
We'll have to get something together, then. There's a million micro-breweries with good food around the Cities. I'm sure we could scrounge a few people together.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We'll have to get something together, then. There's a million micro-breweries with good food around the Cities. I'm sure we could scrounge a few people together.
yea, I am going to make sure I hit a white castle and Fuddruckers while iam in town.

·
Registered
788 Posts
So are we talking the Appleton MN ohv park? I live about 25 miles from there.
Yep, that's the one. It's a decent day trip. Not huge and not super technical, but still some fun.
I didn't know there was another OHV park in MN besides Iron Range. (I was just there for the NSW open house this past weekend.)

So how many MN CF peeps are there?
Yeah, I think there are a couple others too, I'd have to look at the map. I've been wanting to get to Iron Range, but I haven't been able to plan a trip.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Greetings. I'm in the 612 as well. New to the forum, new to the truck and new to me.

I've sure been noticing them on the road more now that I own one.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Another new metro truck owner, can anyone tell me anything about the Grandy Dancer Trail? I'm itching to get my white truck muddy :)
Looks like they allow off road vehicles. I knew people who biked it but I've never been on it personally.

Here's the link.

I'd expect that it's mostly 4 wheelers and the like though so I'd be careful and read the fine print with the DNR really well.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hey there, I've been mostly lurking on the forum since I got my 06 SE this summer but it's probably time to say hi to the local crew! I'm on the south side with a gray 2006 SE 4x4 CC 6MT. I'm planning to replace my timing chain/tensioners as early as this weekend (or at least I round up all the parts). The multiple DIYs seem pretty straight-forward but there seem to be a few tricky things and figured I'd check if anyone has any experience with the job.

Here's a quick clip of the noise it's making:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAXbuthJKnE&feature=youtu.be

I'm usually working on motorcycles and have never done a timing chain or belt so this is a bit new but going through the TSB and helpful posts on here, I think I can get it done if I set aside plenty of time to do it right.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts