Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
14,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to the amount of internet scammers popping up on forums replying to WTB ads, by request, the Admins at Verticalscope implemented a 10/10 rule on this forum; meaning you must be a member for 10 days and have a minimum of 10 posts before you can either post or reply in the WTB sub-forum and also prior to being able to send a Conversation (Private Message) to an active member.

The Admin and Moderator Crew here hope that this new forum-wide software update leads to less active Members being solicited by phony users trying to steal their money; thus making the WTB/WTS forums a safer forum for all of us to use and benefit.

Thank you to all our Members that brought forth this concern, we shall continue to monitor and update the forum as needed so that we may all enjoy its useful intent.

Now get out there and keep the rubber side down.

·
Premium Member
7,427 Posts
Due to the amount of internet scammers popping up on forums replying to WTB ads, by request, the Admins at Verticalscope implemented a 10/10 rule on this forum; meaning you must be a member for 10 days and have a minimum of 10 posts before you can either post or reply in the WTB sub-forum and also prior to being able to send a Conversation (Private Message) to an active member.

The Admin and Moderator Crew here hope that this new forum-wide software update leads to less active Members being solicited by phony users trying to steal their money; thus making the WTB/WTS forums a safer forum for all of us to use and benefit.
This is good... I joined Toyota Nation 2 weeks ago to post a WTB for a specific part, and in less than 10 days I got 8 different PMs from 8 different new users with the typical scam comment "Hey email _ they have the part you're selling" it was so bad over there

·
Rogue Admin
14,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is good... I joined Toyota Nation 2 weeks ago to post a WTB for a specific part, and in less than 10 days I got 8 different PMs from 8 different new users with the typical scam comment "Hey email _ they have the part you're selling" it was so bad over there
Perhaps suggest a similar set-up over there? Another VS forum I am on has adopted the rule as well and all the regular users like it.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Thank you to all our Members that brought forth this concern, we shall continue to monitor and update the forum as needed so that we may all enjoy its useful intent.

New to forum. Great info throughout!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm finally getting around to changing my timing chain guides and in search of the necessary tools. However, I cannot post or reply in the classified section. I have been a member for a long while and 45 posts (I don't engage in the chatter, just post when I need help or have help I can offer). Did the minimum requirement change since this post? All I see is "You have insufficient privileges to post threads here. " and "You have insufficient privileges to reply here."

·
Rogue Admin
14,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm finally getting around to changing my timing chain guides and in search of the necessary tools. However, I cannot post or reply in the classified section. I have been a member for a long while and 45 posts (I don't engage in the chatter, just post when I need help or have help I can offer). Did the minimum requirement change since this post? All I see is "You have insufficient privileges to post threads here. " and "You have insufficient privileges to reply here."
Not sure, when you have a technical question like this about the site software, you should ask the site Administrator at VS in their help forum.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Sound good. Here's 1

·
Rogue Admin
14,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Very necessary but I think it's lenient..
So far, the 10/10 is working. Some other VS forums are 30/25 - then some users complain it is 'too much', as they want to be private, yet use a social media forum. You can't win em all.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts