1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
475 Posts
Nissan should have at least given him a Desert Runner or Night Edition!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Who’s willing to bet the gen2 still outlasts the gen 2.5? 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
508 Posts
How do you drive 1,000,000 miles in 13 years? He'd have to drive 300 miles a day for 5 days a week.

·
Registered
208 Posts
lets say he did 5k mile oil changes...that's 15.4 changes a year. say he got 20 mpg then that's 50,000 gallons of fuel @2.50 a gallon that's $125,000 bucks...of course his YMMV from what his actual mpg and fuel cost per gallon was.

·
Registered
224 Posts
There was a video. He’s a delivery driver in Chicago, and I think he said he drove 300-350 miles daily. It’s a 4 banger, and he did 10k mike oil changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
764 Posts
There's also the original million-mile Tundra. The owner is a hotshot driver and delivers materials and supplies to oil field rigs. He said he's loaded up pallets that weigh up to 2,700lbs.

Toyota's teardown revealed nothing out of the ordinary. In fact, the engine scored a benchmark of 99/100, which is good enough to pass as a new engine. The latches for the drivers' door, center console, and glove box all worked as new.

Reactions: Wheel

·
Registered
827 Posts
Nissan should have at least given him a Desert Runner or Night Edition!
Those cheap bastards! Must be the 3rd thread on this. Either way a cool story.

Reactions: MiniDuti

·
Registered
618 Posts
I personally find it ironic that he’s being given a truck with the same exterior and interior styling basically but now with an unproven power plant when he just came from a truck that got him 1 million miles.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
He made the rounds last year on the youtube circuit,I guess they didn't have an avaiable truck to give him then.

·
Registered
53 Posts
SMH... calling Nissan out for being cheap lol... the market value of that 1,000,000 mile truck is its weight in scrap. They just gave him a $30-35k truck in order to secure the million mile one as a museum piece. That guy made out like a bandit

·
Registered
764 Posts
SMH... calling Nissan out for being cheap lol... the market value of that 1,000,000 mile truck is its weight in scrap. They just gave him a $30-35k truck in order to secure the million mile one as a museum piece. That guy made out like a bandit
As a museum piece, yeah, value is in the eye of the beholder. If they do a teardown like Toyota did with the first million-mile Tundra, the opportunity to analyze a truck with a million real-world miles is worth its weight in gold. The driver's seat on the million-mile Tundra was sent to Japan for analysis. It was carefully taken apart and each component measured against a new one.

·
Registered
503 Posts
As a museum piece, yeah, value is in the eye of the beholder. If they do a teardown like Toyota did with the first million-mile Tundra, the opportunity to analyze a truck with a million real-world miles is worth its weight in gold. The driver's seat on the million-mile Tundra was sent to Japan for analysis. It was carefully taken apart and each component measured against a new one.
Drivers seat on this Nissan was replaced, per the owner in the video,

·
Registered
618 Posts
I don't think they are being cheap, if you're referring to my comment, I just think it's funny that the year they are giving him a new truck happens to be the year they have put in a new power plant but not really updated anything else. Hope the guy gets great reliability out of it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
watched a whole interview about this - they let him spec out whatever he wanted. He said he got the original one the way he liked it , so the new one would likely be very similar. I think they would have given him a titan if he had asked - but they offered him a frontier and he spec'd it the way he wanted considering he said hes going to retire in a few years so he needed it to still be economic. Now what he needs to do is double check and make sure carlos ghosn isnt hiding in it.

·
Registered
648 Posts
There was a video. He’s a delivery driver in Chicago, and I think he said he drove 300-350 miles daily. It’s a 4 banger, and he did 10k mike oil changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You need to link this every time we have another of those "I change my oil every 3,000 miles because I want my engine to last" threads.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts