Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,

Long story short (Ive posted the long version somewhere else previsously) I now have the old transmission in my garage. I do not have the time to rebuild it or the experience. I am wondering if this is worth selling?

2006 Nissan Frontier 4X4 w/Tow

Second question;
Why does the transmission I pulled out of my frontier (that is supposed to be 2.5 years old) say 'remanufactured'?
https://goo.gl/photos/BPjRyQ4n3Q61EPYY8

Thanks for your help everyone.

·
Premium Member
5,760 Posts
You can try to sell, but it is probably only worth it's core price.

Unless the trans was installed by the dealer and a new trans was specified, most shops are going to install a reman. Nothing wrong with that. In fact, at the dealer, a 7-8 year old truck would have a fair chance of sourcing a remanufactured unit as the cost between new and remanufactured can be significant.

·
Super Moderator
19,660 Posts
In many cases, the quality of the reman is just as good as a new transmission if the work was done by a true professional rebuilder. They disassemble the trans and replace all parts that do not meet specs. As far as selling your old trans, it's not worth much if it doesn't work.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
You could call around to a few trans shop and see if they would buy for core price. I don't think you'll have much luck. More than likely it's scap. But hey try putting it up for sale on Craigslist,
Yukon never know.
Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts