Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Frontier PRO-X
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed the last time I filled up my 2022 Pro X the miles to empty did not change. I'm assuming it always has in the past but not 100% certain. I'll check it again next time. Anyway, went by the dealer and told them. They said unless it has less than 1/4 tank when you fill up it will not change. Could not believe that I was hearing this. I told her then what good is even having it. I left because I didn't want to say something I would regret.

Can any of you confirm this or is this a bunch of BS?

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X
469 Posts
That's normal. It doesn't always happen, but once in a while it'll happen. It should reset the next time you turn on your truck.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just came to post this same issue:

Gas Tank 1/2 full, reported 220 miles of range remaining, filled it up fuel gauge or miles to empty did not change.
Engine was not running whilst I filled up, did not top tank off.

It's been about 4 hours and 3 restarts since, neither MtoE or gas gauge have not changed.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
I don't believe I have even seen a new Frontier, never mind know the dash electronics.
But there should be a setting in there for "Reset All/Factory Reset/System Reset" or something similar.
Maybe some setting is simply shut off, so try the reset.

·
Registered
2020 SV, Silver
512 Posts
Ive had 2 Subarus, 1 Mazda and my Frontier that all had some form of Distance to Empty gauge. None have ever been close to accurate. In real life the only method to get DTE is to log mileage vs. actual gas used as determined by what you just filled up with at the gas station. And dont run it down too low.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts