Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of having the dealer replace my 2021 Pro4X grill I like the blacked out version better, whatya think of it?
midnight grill pic.JPG

·
Super Moderator
11,287 Posts
I am thinking of having the dealer replace my 2021 Pro4X grill I like the blacked out version better, whatya think of it?
View attachment 332192
Great idea until you get the price plus labor, not going to be inexpensive by any means. Paint the one you have.

Clint

Reactions: RobFrisco415

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it was in the buy deal last week, they tried wrapping it in vinyl but that looked awful, so their Nickle and labor for this swap anyway,

·
Registered
354 Posts
It’s like $260 for the grill and an easy install I have one. I always prefer OEM over anything else

·
Registered
2,398 Posts

·
Registered
2019, Nissan Frontier SV 4x4, Arctic Blue.
759 Posts
Reactions: TWX

·
Registered
2020 SV Crew
50 Posts
I also am thinking about painting my grill... for a chrome grill, you will need to lightly bead blast it to get paint to stick. My truck is gun metallic and I think the grill painted in that color would look best- or maybe a satin black. Don't like the shiny black, though.

·
Registered
2019 CC 4x4 SV
94 Posts
I generally hate chrome, so I sanded my grill and painted. Just took my time, did a little at a time. Then used one of the paint mach aerosols and clear coat. I actually left the outer shell off and just ran the black frame underneath for a week or two. Kinda like that look, but would need a little attention.

It's been close to a year and just a few rock chips.

I think I'm going to do a spray can bedliner on the rear chrome bumper.

·
Registered
136 Posts
If you do buy the grill, definitely do not pay the dealer to install it. Its as easy to replace the grill as taking off a wheel. Its just 6 push pins on the top and some clips on the bottom. If you don't mind spending the money, the factory midnight grill looks great in the gloss black. If you decide to paint the grill, the front chrome shell can be separated from the black plastic to make the job easier. I switched mine to the midnight grill. Here is a pic.
nissan grill 2.jpg

·
Registered
354 Posts
If you do buy the grill, definitely do not pay the dealer to install it. Its as easy to replace the grill as taking off a wheel. Its just 6 push pins on the top and some clips on the bottom. If you don't mind spending the money, the factory midnight grill looks great in the gloss black. If you decide to paint the grill, the front chrome shell can be separated from the black plastic to make the job easier. I switched mine to the midnight grill. Here is a pic. View attachment 332244
Just wish I was still able to find the Rigid grill!

·
Registered
2020 SV Crew
50 Posts
If you do buy the grill, definitely do not pay the dealer to install it. Its as easy to replace the grill as taking off a wheel. Its just 6 push pins on the top and some clips on the bottom. If you don't mind spending the money, the factory midnight grill looks great in the gloss black. If you decide to paint the grill, the front chrome shell can be separated from the black plastic to make the job easier. I switched mine to the midnight grill. Here is a pic.
Are your headlights with the blacked-out insides a Nissan product or aftermarket? That really helps integrate the look with the black grill.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
If you do buy the grill, definitely do not pay the dealer to install it. Its as easy to replace the grill as taking off a wheel. Its just 6 push pins on the top and some clips on the bottom. If you don't mind spending the money, the factory midnight grill looks great in the gloss black. If you decide to paint the grill, the front chrome shell can be separated from the black plastic to make the job easier. I switched mine to the midnight grill. Here is a pic. View attachment 332244
with the Rigid insert..... 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

·
Registered
136 Posts
No issues because the light still has a clear lens, only internal plastic is blacked out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Had to add a Tag to the front to accent the Black grill its a band before most of you were born, their signature album cover pic was slightly revised to avoid mixed signals in todays questionable gender and preference climate,
tag1.jpg

·
Super Moderator
11,287 Posts
Pink Floyd, what do I win, haha?
I was in high school when that came out in 1973.

Clint

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
@Riverbend I went to a Pink Floyd concert sometime in the 90s when I was really young with my Dad! He was a total Dead-Head (Greatful Dead that is).... when I was older I finally figured why everyone was SUPER nice and happy at all the concerts hehe ..... :cool:😁

1 - 20 of 22 Posts