Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well yesterday I was trying to do the reverse camera install on the stock stereo I think I may have blown a fuse because now when I returned it back to the way it was simply because I couldn't get it to work with the harness mod like everyone else has tried and been successful Ha ha ha now when I returned it to stock the mic doesn't seem to recognize my voice at all, also I am wondering did I blow out a fuse or something else does anyone know where the fuse for the mic would be or if there even is one?

Everything else seems to work fine satellite radio AM/FM everything even the steering wheel controls it just does not pick up my voice

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
374 Posts
Well yesterday I was trying to do the reverse camera install on the stock stereo I think I may have blown a fuse because now when I returned it back to the way it was simply because I couldn't get it to work with the harness mod like everyone else has tried and been successful Ha ha ha now when I returned it to stock the mic doesn't seem to recognize my voice at all, also I am wondering did I blow out a fuse or something else does anyone know where the fuse for the mic would be or if there even is one?

Everything else seems to work fine satellite radio AM/FM everything even the steering wheel controls it just does not pick up my voice

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus using Tapatalk Pro
Did you try the main fuse box? did anything in there burned or smell fishy (out of ordinary) fellow partner?::wink::

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looked, but i didn't pull each fuse and check

do you mean the one under the hood or the one in the glove box?
I can't imagine that the mic itself has a fuse

i think I screwed up the stereo, because all the steering wheel controls work the XM works and speakers all work, the iPod works the radio works
no dash lights are NOT working or are flashing idiot lights
or anything wrong except that the mic wont pic up my voice

I pulled the radio back out and un-plugged all harnesses and reconnected them and still nothing

it initiates the voice search from the wheel
but it can't pic up my voice...lol

kinda like the mic is disconnected

·
Registered
374 Posts
looked, but i didn't pull each fuse and check

do you mean the one under the hood or the one in the glove box?
I can't imagine that the mic itself has a fuse

i think I screwed up the stereo, because all the steering wheel controls work the XM works and speakers all work, the iPod works the radio works
no dash lights are NOT working or are flashing idiot lights
or anything wrong except that the mic wont pic up my voice

I pulled the radio back out and un-plugged all harnesses and reconnected them and still nothing

it initiates the voice search from the wheel
but it can't pic up my voice...lol

kinda like the mic is disconnected
Glove box cuz that one has all the interior fuses. The hood has all the exterior fuses(I think). ::wink:: I would pull out a flashlight and look to see if anything seems out of the ordinary. If u do not see anything then your last resort should be pulling all the fuses out and then check. (I usually do a sniff test)::grin::

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well I just pulled each fuse from my in-cabin fuse block and nothing

all I can think of is my mic got fried?

lol, I haven't made my first payment and already I screwed something up...lol

·
Registered
374 Posts
well I just pulled each fuse from my in-cabin fuse block and nothing

all I can think of is my mic got fried?

lol, I haven't made my first payment and already I screwed something up...lol
that could be a possibility bud! Too much electricity ran to the mic and boom poof there goes ur mic::wink::. Trust me, i know how it feels when the payments r do

·
Registered
313 Posts
Any chance you bent a pin in one of the connectors? Or, is the mic its own connection, like a headphone jack or something similar? Maybe it got missed when you were reconnecting everything?

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
anyone know how to trouble check the mic?

i am wondering if it is the min or stereo is burned out in that DAC converter (for the mic)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I notice this post is old but did u ever get the mic to work again?
Bcuz I have exact similar issue..got an aftermarket backup cam installed,using existing factory radio for the video. Back up cam, Bluetooth audio works excellent EXCEPT for the mic..
Replace the mic with Nissan oem mic & still didn?t work.
Till this day i have no mic ?
I have 2015 frontier 4x4
Reply pls if u got an answer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts