Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
New Frontier is coming in 2013, 2014, 2015, have you seen the new frontier from mexico that will be on sale here in 2016, it's coming for the 2017, check out the clickbait link for the new 2018 Frontier. I think there are articles out for the 2019 now as well.

Yea, the rest of the world has the new Frontier or Navaro (name depends on country sold in). They have existed for several years now. It's been around so long it will probably get an update and we will still have the same basic truck from 2005. Which is still a very good truck.

I think the old truck looks better than this now one. Maybe that is why we still have the old one, it is the one that looks better.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
I though the new Frontier would have a V10 and hover like they promised...lol

·
Registered
439 Posts
My Nissan sales manager (saw him last week), said they have heard nothing about the 2018 Frontier. One rumor is we might get the Navara but he does not think that is a box frame truck like ours. Pretty bad if the dealers still don't know anything! LOL

Reactions: RajunKajun

·
Registered
306 Posts
My Nissan sales manager (saw him last week), said they have heard nothing about the 2018 Frontier. One rumor is we might get the Navara but he does not think that is a box frame truck like ours. Pretty bad if the dealers still don't know anything! LOL
Dealers usually never know anything plus they're usually the masters in the BS game, so I'd take anything they say with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
374 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
I was in a similar boat when the Hyundai Santa Cruz displayed at the Detroit Auto Show in 2015. At the time I was in an Elantra and was looking at getting back into a truck, then I saw the Santa Cruz concept at the auto show. I fell in love. I loved the truck utility and still a possibility of retaining some of the fuel economy I loved in my Elantra. I asked my dealer about it later in 2015 and they said "What are you talking about?". They never even heard of it.

Then last year when I went in for an oil change they tried to get me to trade in my Elantra and I said "If you can tell me when you'll get a production Santa Cruz I'll trade it in then." The sales manager responded with "We should have one the beginning of next summer." If you read the headlines, a production model is still rumored as far out as 2019.

Dealers will say anything to try to get/keep your business.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
I hope that is mot the new Frontier. That thing is FUGLY!
Probably looked a lot better before someone gave the owner a Pep Boys gift card...

Reactions: jwp1964
1 - 14 of 14 Posts