Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 2003 Frontier Super Charger. I am in need of a part that Nissan says they no longer carry. I have checked a bunch of places and have not been able to locate it. I need the metal brake line that starts at the right frame rail and goes across the engine fire wall and attaches to ABS pump. Do you guys know if maybe I can use one from another type of Nissan? or are they all different? Does anyone know where I could get one? I will check out the rest of the Forum (parts) where else could I check. I know you guys are the ones to ask. You have given me good advise before. If I don't find one, I may have to give up the truck. HELP:crying:

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you know how you can make the piece you need from a roll of brake line. 1st yr mechanic stuff. A good independent shop could help you out maybe.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
674 Posts
Sounds like you're going to have to take the old one off and bring it in to match up a similar length with the same threads, buy a bender and make one

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
158 Posts
Sounds like you're going to have to take the old one off and bring it in to match up a similar length with the same threads, buy a bender and make one

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
If you end up buying a prefab line go a bit longer than the OEM. You'll lose a bit of length during bending as you likely won't be able to match the small radius of the machine bent OEM tubing.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I replaced all of my metal and rubber brake lines recently. Front driver side was easy, I used a string to get the approximate length of all my lines, used my HF brake line tubing bender. The passenger side was a little tougher because I was trying to do it in one piece, I ended up using a brake line union from dorman part# 785-438, any auto parts store has it. When I did the brake line to the back, I did the same thing, used 1 pc. from the brake manifold across the front used another union, and 2nd line down to the factory union, and so on. One thing that I ran across was different ends to the brake lines. All of the fitting coming out of the brake manifold were bubble flare EURO ends, at every factory union and calipers and wheel cylinders were std inverted flare (JAP) all were 10mmx 1.0. Don't know if all frontiers are like this but mine was. I also had to trim some of my lines to length, and used my trusty HF flaring tool. I know a lot of people don't like this product, but if used properly IT DOES WORK. The keys are to make sure the line and clamping tool are clean, debur the inside and out of the line, clamp it tightly with little over a 1/4 in extended above the tool, now use a little dab of wheel bearing grease on the part that inserts into the line, and tighten it down. If you don't clean the tool between each flare some of the grease can cause the line to be forced out of the tool. Here's a pic that shows the lines and the unions.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts