Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
These are concepts, so I would expect it to be different, no way that back end sticks around as is especially considering the lights.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Headlights are too small. This thing is for sure for the rappers and the sports celebrities. No one having a practical need for a truck is going to get this thing. I cant imagine paying GLS prices (assuming thats how much this costs) and taking it and beating it up off road.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Its not too bad. From certain angles it looks pretty nice, then from others it looks like a severely blinged out new Frontier. However, I do like the interior on the 'urban' model, not so much on the off-road version though. I'm not partial to the bright yellow stripes on the seats. If the stripes weren't as wide then it might look better.

Mercedes came out with a hatchback a couple years ago to compete with the new Ford Focus ST, Renault Megan, a new BMW hatchback, & a few others in Europe. It was priced at around $50k-$60k compared to the others $25k-$40k. If they bring this truck state-side & price it the same way, I have a feeling they aren't going to move very many of them.

·
Registered
266 Posts
"world’s first pick-up from a premium brand"

what was the escalade ext or the mercedes 6x6? technically the 6x6 probably isnt a true pick up but it has a open "load area"

·
Registered
663 Posts
Truck like this would never make it to North America. I remember talking to a family friend who is Higher up in the Mercedes truck and bus section and it was made clear to me that America would charge huge tax amounts to any truck sold here and not made here. This goes for any maker. Hence why the AMG 6x6 is a rip off.

The offroad version looks cool but i don't thing these trucks would sell. I mean look at the honda ridgeline ( lol) and Cadi version of the avalanche. you don't see many of them.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Round here the new Ridgelines are popping up everywhere. Nice ideas but thing sits too low even for me.

The thing about this Benz concept is it shows the new Frontier body (most likely anyway) with bigger wheels and tires. Doesn't look that bad to me. Makes me anxious to see our new version of the Frontier next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,685 Posts
I think it looks quite nice from the side profile... other than that the front end looks too "big" proportionately with that huge mouth, whoever designed the tailgate should be fired, and the interior looks like a failed attempt at being retro.

But hey - let's be real here, at least it's not a constant rehash of the same truck (*Tacoma) or worse... the same thing with a tweak in the bumper since 2005 (*Frontier LOL) heh

·
Premium Member
6,685 Posts
These discussions always remind me of arguing if a girl is pretty or not. Opinions differ and in reality, you aren't taking any of them home to meet your family anyway.....
Rarely take them home, but I can always look LOL ::wink::

·
Registered
934 Posts
The reason this Merc truck looks like the new Navara is because it is based of the new Nissan Navara:
Cut and pasted:
Mercedes-Benz took the wraps off two mid-size pickup-truck concepts that preview the *forthcoming Nissan Navara–based X-class*, which is officially dubbed the Concept X-class. Mercedes further christened each concept with surnames sure to make the marketing executives at Mattel jealous: Stylish Explorer and Powerful Adventurer.

The above is cut and pasted from this Car and Driver article from Oct 25 2016:
Mercedes-Benz Reveals Nissan-Based Pickup Concepts ? News ? Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog

There was a rumor that Mercedes was going to bring this Mercedes Truck to the 2016 Paris auto show , but I thought I seen somewhere that Mercedes did not bring the Mercedes truck to the Paris Auto show,,,,I cannot verify either way...

·
Registered
493 Posts
If parts and service cost as much as it does for their cars deal me out. Also, so I have been told, Mercedes legendary reliability has slipped some in recent years. My Frontier looks fine to me.

·
Registered
894 Posts
If the Merc boys really wanted to stand out, they should have made a 4x4 truck version (at comparative cost) of 6X6, only 4X4. Now that would have been something different. I know they have the G63 AMG but not in pickup version.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Headlights are too small. This thing is for sure for the rappers and the sports celebrities. No one having a practical need for a truck is going to get this thing. I cant imagine paying GLS prices (assuming thats how much this costs) and taking it and beating it up off road.
Those headlights kind of look like the ones on the Tesla Model X. It may not be as noticeable in pictures. But saw one on the road and was wondering what with the headlights being so small. (the whole front end made the car seem small in general)

Guess it might be the new trend now.

·
Registered
266 Posts
But if Mercedes is considering bringing a frontier/navara based truck to the states wouldnt that mean the next gen frontier would be coming as well and couldnt they be made side by side in Tennessee or Mississippi wherever they are made here to avoid the importation tariffs?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts