1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Yes, please!

·
Rogue Admin
12,883 Posts
Click on your name, then Account Settings. Under your location, it will direct you to adjust your Privacy Settings - from there you can pick and choose who sees what on your profile.

·
Registered
688 Posts
So instead of seeing a national flag, maybe we could see what a member would want the rest of us to see. Like “Memphis TN”, or maybe the member would only want the rest of us to see “TN”. In my case, I’d want folks to see “central OR coast”.

That’s what I’d like to see anyway...

Edit: yes, showing the poster’s choice of location under their name .

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh - are you asking for the location about listing the location under someone's name?
Yep. Just like EVERY OTHER FORUM ON THE PLANET..... again... all these features that mean doo didily and we can't have a simple feature that has been around since day 1 of interweb forumz.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Am I just not seeing it? If a person has it set, their location should be showing under their handle and avatar?
It sure helps with new member introductions and for sale postings.
If a member Inserts their Location in their Settings, the Location will show up when you Hover your Cursor over their Avatar.

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sean, is it because I'm stalking you?

Speaking of settings, I'm not seeing a location option in mine.
Ha!
no.….

I just tend to eye a persons location when they introduce themselves, sale threads or when there is talk of tires or what have you. Location can be important. Looks like I'll just hover..... #creepernocreeping

·
Registered
688 Posts
We are indeed working on a better way to display this information.
-Philip
Please don't make it mandatory to include actual city/state. Let us be a bit more vague. Not everyone lives in an area that is easy to keep anon in. I live in a town (it's actually a fuggin' "village". Who the hell even has villages anymore??) and I don't wanna advertise it to any tom, hairy & dick. Lemme keep it regional if ya could, eh? And I'm with Sean. What is it that you tech wizards need to invent? I've been able to do this on other forums for about 10 years now.

·
Rogue Admin
12,883 Posts
It seems the new format is all about privacy options (including on the back end for security), so you village wizzards can play hide and seek whenever you want. The Admin said they are working on it, so let's just see when/if it will happen.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts