Nissan Frontier Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,464 Posts
I had a kid from Sears who tuned my radio to a rap station , and left it there. Now, that really bothered me. I brought it in with the radio off hoping they'd get the hint I didn't want it touched. (I went there for an alignment on a Sentra.)
Meh, I have the RF stereo in my truck. EVERY time I take it in for it's oil change it's set to the local top 40 station when I get it back. I just laugh to myself as I can almost see it. the kid jumps in, "man, this is a nice truck. OH! rockford fosgate!? I bet this thing pounds!!"

·
Registered
478 Posts
So I took my Frontier to a local garage for a state safety inspection to re-tag it in Maryland. I felt that it was good to go and should pass with no issues. The only thing he found that was legit was the left tag light was out. Oops I must have missed that. "changed bulb"
The BS
He said the brakes didn't grab or have a good first bite to his liking. All brake items passed per limits are concerned. "I bleed brakes"
He said the parking brake had to be pulled too high to engage the P brake to hold. "I adjusted the cable and the brake shoe position"
REally BS "wanted to sell alignment"
During his test drive he said the vehicle was pulling to the left and would not pass it w/o a alignment.
You can let go of the steering wheel at 70mph and it tracks straight and true and the wife and I felt this was crap so we fought them on it and they said get it aligned here or somewhere else or pay for another state inspection else where.
So I decided to watch my dashcam video to see if the mechanic made any mention of the vehicle pulling or I could see him having to correct steering inputs. Imagine my displeasure as I watched him drive my truck abusively with way too much revving of the engine and burning out with several throttle inputs leaving Wawa "oh a personal errand" and then go talk to some girl for over 5mins all the while leaving my truck running. My MPG went from 17MPG to 15.5MPG during this 20min test drive.

OK so he didn't damage my truck in a way that I can see or prove in court. Do any of you think I have any recourse at this time? Or should I just cry in my beer and never spend any of my money there ever again?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATFfmGX6los&list=UUcjWj49Bi3VUkFM6YhZmWiA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmyWJOjTl8s&list=UUcjWj49Bi3VUkFM6YhZmWiA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsBzl-or22w&index=1&list=UUcjWj49Bi3VUkFM6YhZmWiA
I would be sick to my stomach if someone did this to my truck. Glad my state county does not require these type of inspections.

·
Registered
91 Posts
So I took my Frontier to a local garage for a state safety inspection to re-tag it in Maryland.

Good old boys in the South would have handled this, and it sure wouldn’t involve any court...

With video in hand, I’d have my inspection and an apology from that jerk or else I’d know the reason why. I’d also make a hobby out of telling everyone to avoid this shop like the plague.

·
Registered
91 Posts
So I took my Frontier to a local garage for a state safety inspection to re-tag it in Maryland.

Good old boys in the South would have handled this, and it sure wouldn’t involve any court...

With video in hand, I’d have my inspection and an apology from that jerk or else I’d know the reason why. I’d also make a hobby out of telling everyone to avoid this shop like the plague.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Did anything become of this?

61 - 65 of 65 Posts