Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my wifes having a yard sale and this state cop stops just to say hello he sees my wife and her friend walking all the time,so my wife tells him if he wants to have a bit of fun he can sit in my driveway and get speeders and people running the stop sign at the corner(you cant really see him in my driveway until its to late)we live in a school zone.Well after 27 in less then 2 hours tickets he finally arrested a guy that he had already pulled earlier over for obstruction of justice the guy was pissed for getting the ticket and started taking pics then he figured he would say something to the cop well he went up to the cop while he was at a cars window writing another ticket and told him he was an a$$hole not sure what else happened but that poor guys in some silver bracelets now.

So is it wrong of me to have this officer sit in my driveway with my ok and get people they fly by my house like its a drag strip.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Yeah man, neighborhood and a school zone, it was necessary.
The ones that got tickets just got a fresh reminder to slow down, plus the cop was only out there for a couple of hours. This was a probably a regular route for some of the drivers and they just got lazy with running the signs. I'm sure it caught them off guard. Plus your looking out for the kids and the neighborhood and some will appreciate that.

·
Registered
219 Posts
great idea! i have the same problem at my house. need to get one of my cop buddies to do the same.

EDIT: hope no one gets pissed at you and screws with your house or truck!

·
Registered
826 Posts
Sir, Your Wife and You are pure genius, its nice being in like that with a cop. I tell my buddy Steve who is also a Police Officer if he is bored and its slow and he just wants to chill somewhere to park the cruiser in my driveway, well needless to say our house used to get f'ed with a lot, never anymore. On top of that he works nights 8pm-6am if I ever need a DD.............haha anyways great thinking man!!!! props to you

I also forgot to ad the neighbors will love you that much more, because of you there is that much more Police presence in your area :)

·
Super Moderator
12,702 Posts
Retaliation is a b!tch.
I'm not saying speeding is okay.
Hope nobody seeks any revenge on you or your family.

·
Registered
219 Posts
i know i got all mine loaded and ready! just try and take mine away!

·
Registered
721 Posts
If a 5.0 wanted to camp out in my driveway. I'd let him. On one get out free card tho. That way when I get caught racing next time I dont get shafted!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
If a cop pulled into my driveway I would hope he'd get a flat tire from a nail or something. Then get bit by the neighbors dog while changing the tire. Maybe it would change if I had kids but people speeding by my house doesn't bother me in the least bit. And 27 tickets in 2 hours? Maybe there was a problem with speeding in the neighborhood...but in that case I think warnings would have been the better thing to do than tickets.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
oh dude thats freaking awesome....i always told myself if i ever become a cop i would camp out at stop signs. My street is 25 mph because its residential, and no exageration there are people that drive by at like 60. One time I heard the car approoach and pass our house in less than a second, was probably going at least 70. So i def. think you did the right job and let him coast in the driveway.

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
hes been back 2 more times and has given over 40 more tickets and 2 DWIs in the past 4 days :)
dude that is awesome. I've thought about letting them camp in my driveway...not a ton of traffic but also not a single car within 10mph of the speed limit either. I've got a nice knoll a little up the street and a bend on the road at the end of my property on the other. it wouldnt solve the problem of no one stopping at the stop sign though since the stop sign is in front of my house.

As for 'retaliation', that would be a pretty foolish thing to do now wouldnt it?

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
Not one bit. It does suck when you get pulled over, but if they are speeding in a school zone, it needs to be stopped.
I agree. I actually think its funny.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yeh, I try to ride motocross as much as possible. I think I saw you on 15 a few months ago also. Really nice looking truck.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts