Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just seeing if there would be anyone interested in my front and rear bumpers, both In great shape, powder coated black..

·
Registered
235 Posts
Interested and local.

·
Registered
36 Posts
May be interested as well pending price and pics. Will be travelling through Kelowna in mid-July if they are still available.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I cant seem to figure out how to post a picture. Ive decided to keep my front bumper. A couple weeks ago I damaged my rear bumper using a motorcycle hitch carrier. I emailed shrockworks a couple photos and with no hesitation they sent me a new bumper. I can't say enough good things about the costumer service I've experienced from shrockworks.. the damaged one is forsale. if anyones still interested please PM or something. so I can send a picture to an email or something

·
Registered
235 Posts
Easiest way to get photos up is use a hosting site like imgur and post the link. What exactly did you do to the rear bumper? Too much weight on the hitch receiver and bent the brackets?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Shredlife dang really rather not have that have that happen cruising driving down the road one day as I have one of these Shrock rear bumpers (thought they were rated for 650 tongue)from another member of CF could you elaborate what was weight your tongue? what were you pulling? which welds failed. Think Ill be contacting Shrock as I still havent mounted it(still waiting to hear from UPS on damage) and guess I will not be if I can not trust Shrock. As it stands I just have have a reg frame mounted hitch and I pull a aluminum car hauler with a Kioti cut/shredder on it and depending on if I take box an fuel comes in at 5k

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've towed a couple different boats and trailers with NO problems. The issue occurred using a motorcycle carrier witch puts the entire weight of the dirt bike, plus the hitch carriers weight on basically a big lever. The bike sits a few feet away witch adds significantly more force, especially going over bumps and washboard with heavy duty leafs. Shrock works probly could have told me to go "kick rocks." But instead with there exellent company service/warranty. Replaced the bumper, no cost to me. Shipped it from Texas to canada, no cost. Paid dutys and all fees. And have redesigned the rear bumper to be even stronger. I would recommend Shrockworks to anyone that asked.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I've towed a couple different boats and trailers with NO problems. The issue occurred using a motorcycle carrier witch puts the entire weight of the dirt bike, plus the hitch carriers weight on basically a big lever. The bike sits a few feet away witch adds significantly more force, especially going over bumps and washboard with heavy duty leafs. Shrock works probly could have told me to go "kick rocks." But instead with there exellent company service/warranty. Replaced the bumper, no cost to me. Shipped it from Texas to canada, no cost. Paid dutys and all fees. And have redesigned the rear bumper to be even stronger. I would recommend Shrockworks to anyone that asked.

That's awesome that they stepped up to the plate (literally) like that. I'm actually surprised its not more fubar'd. A 300lb bike on a lever plus the washboard around these parts will ruin anyone's day. All that considered, the bumper itself looks like it held up to the abuse, its looks like the brackets themselves had the crap kicked out of them.

On a side note, where do you ride? Anywhere specific or pick a trail depending on where you wanna head? When we're having kickass weather like this, I miss my YZ more than usual.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.