Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everybody.

I found this forum looking around for infos on the D40 Nissan Navara (as the Frontier is called here in europe) and looks like there's some seriously useful techincal infos here,that's very nice.

I do not already have a Frontier but i really think it will be my next daily driver.

I have a racing parts shop here in Modena,northern - central Italy,we follow rally,circuit,karting and offroading championship and privateers that prapare their cars for fun or for work.
Specially we follow (honestly my co-worker does... i am the circuit guy... ) the Italian Offroad Speed Championship... actually not the Trial Championship,but it is in program.
Back to the frontier,i love the way the D40 looks,i like very much the interiors and it seems to be the best road-drivable one of the acually available pickups here in europe.
My choice would be a white (or black... still depends on which one i find for cheaper / nearest / lower mileage) King Cab,base 16" wheeled model so i can put wide ones on it,with a tow hook and a flat bed cover.
What i need from that truck is:
Good highway fuel consumpion
Good towing,i need to tow easily a trailer with another car one... happens often in my life
Good comfort for me and my girlfriend on front seats,for my aussie shepherd behind front seats
And i need to leave it in airport / circuit parkings / center of towns for days or week,as i work as a driving instructor for Ferrari, Maserati and Alfa Romeo,it's an interesting work but it sometime takes awful parkings in front of posh restaurants in town historic centers (i hate em) , crowded airport parkings and stuff... other instructors park their Audi and new BMW there... i could never do that,people that live there just do not give a **** about their cars and bump 'em here and there... bodyworks cost just too much to me to play that game.

I'd also love to import a '06 1500 ram V8 manual... but i have to stay real... no way i could afford it as a daily with the petrol and LPG prices we have here i do 30.000km / year.

Here's my shop: RACE Modena
And here's me: Race Driver Database: Maurizio Ceresoli - Speedsport Magazine

I did some professional racing before the world crysis killed the sponsorship game for us privateers,i still do races here and there waiting for some work team to give me a serious seat as a driver in some touring car championship,in the meanwhile,i do some Drifting for fun,i do the instructor to have some extra cash to pay my toys,and i stay in the motorsport world with that shop.

I'd start with some questions if you do not mind...

1: Does the nissan D22 (NP300,still for sale here in europe) have the same engine as the D40? Do that extra 30hp just come from dyno tuning or there's a different turbo or other things i do not know?
D22 is lighter so it should drive better and need less fuel with the same horsepower. Is the D22 so much worse to drive on tarmac?
(i will drive it 90% of time on road,will do some offroading when i have free time,i love to go along riviers and up mountains to do looong walks with my dog,100% relaxing stuff)
I could buy a new D22 for the price of a 50.000kms D40,to let you know where does that question come from.

2:Will a 32kg dog fit behind front seats in a King Cab? I'm not going to buy an hardtop as open bed is easier for the work i have to do,i usally have to pick up rollbars for cars and big wood boxes with racing seats in it,so hardtop is not my cup of tea,neither is leaving my dog in the bed in his cage,winter is hard here,it always rains and occasionally snows,he would freeze.
The solution i use now on my sedan *** old BMW is a net fitted on the back of front seats... it is the only way,it is legal here in Italy and a cage would'n fit in the sedan, basically rear seats are 100% dog use,when we invite friends... we use my gf's car.
Can anybody measure how much longitudinal room there is there?
I am 1.85,to know how back you should go with the seat.

3: what kind of fuel consumption do i have to expect from a D40 2.5 diesel with 16" tires at 140kmh? I know it has 6 gears so last one should be very long,to save some fuel... or i hope so... i need it for work but i do not want to work to mantain it.

4:Is it possible to give more negative camber to the front to have better cornering entry? I know it is not a sports car... but i do hate understeer... forgive me.
I would also like to put stiffer dampers on it,i love non-rolling cars,and i am never going to do hard trial trails,so it will also be good for fast drives on gravel i think.

That's all by now!

Bye everybody and thanks for accepting my registration.
:hi:

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
Whats up! I was in Italy a couple months ago. The front is a bit adjustable by way of the cambolts. I havent personally tried to see how much negative camber you can get stock, but I'm running about -.8 degrees right now with aftermarket arms and it handles great.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ciao Maurizio,
Welcome to the club.My wife is from Forli.We spent the month of June in Italy.
SHADOW

·
Registered
105 Posts
I loved it there.So different from Hawaii.If you didn`t have winter there I`d seriously consider moving.What is the name of the town where your girlfriend lives?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts