Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all,

I have a 2010, SE 4x4 V6 King Cab that I bought in March 10. I really like the truck. Truck just turned over 6,000 miles. Great power and capability. Decent gas mileage. I was wondering if anyone else has had accelerated wear in their seats and floor mats? After only three weeks, my driver's floor mat had a hole worn where your heal goes. I replaced them with the weather tech. Now, my driver's seat is wearing in the bottom. I am a big guy, but have never experienced wear in seat material like this. I have always taken very good care of my vehicles. I have had probably 20 brand new cars/trucks/jeeps between my wife and myself in the last 30 years and never anything like this.

Just wondering if this is a fluke or if I am not the only one.

Thanks,

Chuck

·
Registered
7 Posts
I always use different floor mats so I never ran into that problem, but my 2005 and 2007 seats did the same, I thought it was because of my pocket knife so I switched pockets, and even tried getting in different ways, nothing seemed to help me. I am not a big guy 6'0 175 lb
My 2010 has leather seats, they are holding up very well!!!

·
Registered
874 Posts
Mines an '08 Nismo and the seats started wearing very quickly, 2.5 years later and they are pretty rough. Should have gotten seat covers right from the get go! Sadly the seats are made like crap, our '07 FJ Cruiser's seats still look brand new.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Greetings all,

I have a 2010, SE 4x4 V6 King Cab that I bought in March 10. I really like the truck. Truck just turned over 6,000 miles. Great power and capability. Decent gas mileage. I was wondering if anyone else has had accelerated wear in their seats and floor mats? After only three weeks, my driver's floor mat had a hole worn where your heal goes. I replaced them with the weather tech. Now, my driver's seat is wearing in the bottom. I am a big guy, but have never experienced wear in seat material like this. I have always taken very good care of my vehicles. I have had probably 20 brand new cars/trucks/jeeps between my wife and myself in the last 30 years and never anything like this.

Just wondering if this is a fluke or if I am not the only one.

Thanks,

Chuck
I purchased the Nissan rubber floor mats at the time of vehicle purchase and I've always used them. They are holding up surprisingly well after 4 years and 50,000 miles.

My driver's seat is showing wear on the outside edge where I slide in and out of the seat. I often wear jeans, and I suspect that they have helped to accelerate wear on the edge of the seat; however, I can't say that I've experienced this problem in any other car or SUV that I've owned.

With only 6,000 miles, I'd probably make it a warranty issue. Hopefully you have a supportive dealer.

JKG

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Where is it wearing down? Most have it happen on the edge in which is next to the door due to your sliding your rear over it. Is yours the same?

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Pix would help explain the wear.

·
Registered
832 Posts
My 05 nismo crew seats aren't looking bad, still almost new... but I'm a littler guy and my truck hasn't hardly had much use at all until I bough it last year.

I have seen threads like this before though with pictures explaining the crappiness of the seat material... sad.

·
Registered
375 Posts
My '06 interior is in great shape, but then again I am a small guy/runt when compared to most.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the responses.

Here are the pictures. Damage is all the way across where my butt rests.

I think that I may just make a trip to the dealership. It can't hurt.

Regards,

Chuck

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
That is the first I have seen it wear out due to sitting. They should replace it but I would ask why it wore like that in the beginning.

Are you tight in the seat or do you slide around? This is the only thing that I can think that would cause this, sliding around.

·
Registered
194 Posts
like everybody else on here, i am noticing the edge getting in and out wear too. thinking about seat covers.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Something is chafing the material. Always in the same place like a chew box, wallet or pocket knife in your pocket.
If Nissan doesn't make a warranty repair, I would put a towel on the seat to try to save it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I do not slide around once I get in place. Never a problem with any other vehicle I have ever had. I will see what they have to say. I am thinking that if they will replace it, I can immediately get some seat covers to protect the factory material for when I trade it off in a few years.

Thanks for all the comments. I appreciate it. Glad to know that I am not the only one having problems.

Regards,

Chuck

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Well, I had it in to the service department at my dealership for the recall. (nothing had to be replaced on the recall, just checked.) The service writer looked at my seat and didn't even hesitate. Parts are now on order and I expect to have it repaired this week. Very pleased with this.

Now, I need to get the Wet Okole seat covers on order as soon as possible.

Regards,

Chuck

·
Registered
242 Posts
The service writer looked at my sear and didn't even hesitate. Parts are now on order and I expect to have it repaired this week. Very pleased with this.
that is AWESOME!!! glad to hear a dealership is stepping up
:fantastic:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Seat Wear

I have the same problem. The fabric is wearing on the drivers seat bottom from getting in and out of the truck. This appears to be a common problem, I looked at many used frontiers before I bought last year and I saw this in a lot of trucks. Neither the dealer or Nissan Canada are willing to do anything about it. It is sad that Nissan can't make an interior that will even last three years!!! Shame on you Nissan.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
They replaced mine (purchased 3/10) and the new material seems to be holding up better. But, time will tell if they are going to show wear again.

Regards,

Chuck

1 - 20 of 20 Posts