Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought some yesterday. 265/75/16. These and the glacier grip IIs are very popular winter tires around here. They are a traditional studded tire that most run without studs. Soft rubber compound, deep, threads, and high sipes. Not the foam like studless compound like you find in Blizzaks. They were also very affordable. About $130 per tire (not including and tax disposal). I bought the p metric version, which has a higher load rating than the load C version. Looks like the P, and the 2 load c/d tires are completely different tires. Forget how deep the of treads new tires are. These are 15/32" deep. The Load C/E are 17/32". Also found out 2 of mt TPMS sensors are dead. I did not replace them, as the shop did not have any on hand.
CooperMastercraft - Courser MSR
https://www.summitracing.com/search/product-line/mastercraft-courser-msr-tires/tire-size/265-75-16

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
Is the plan to use the snows just on-road? My concern with a Pmetric over C load would be sidewall IF you go offroad in them

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I will use them for everything. I don't really care. I carry a full size spare, compressor, plug kit and a can of fix a flat.

BTW what is the stock nismo tire? I seem to recall they were load C's. But I just pulled out my spare and it is a P metric. Am I just remembering incorrectly or did Nissan put Ps on the spare to save a few bucks?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts