Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I searched to see if anyone else has had this and I didn't come up with anything.

When I go over any bump, I'm getting a sound from the top front right like a marble shaking in a margarine container. It isn't connected to the engine as I can get the sound when I push the clutch in and coast.

I've checked everything obvious and hoping for some ideas. I have been driving on gravel roads lately, so a rock could have gotten in to a strange place?

Any ideas are welcomed.

Vagrant

·
Registered
104 Posts
Something fall into the vent on top of the dashboard?, anything in passenger door pockets? Glove Compartment? Maybe check the bed too? I was off roading and got stuck, attempted to reverse and forgot to roll up the windows before hand, ended up with dirt and pebbles all over the interior lol. So when I used to turn or go over a bump i had a few pebbles rolling around in the dash...No fun at all removing them but the noise drove me insane. Any other time I hear a similar noise now I just look in the passenger door pockets, my wife or brother always leave something in there...like they know any small unidentified noises bother me.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
i'd bet a rock probably got into a crazy place. i have a weird sound like that coming from my door area... its been there for a while now. good luck finding it, it could just about be anywhere.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the ideas - I'll double check those locations.

All new truck noises drive me absolutely crazy until I figure out what they are.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts