Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know which Nissan manual transmission is in the 4cylinder 2005- Frontiers? What other vehicles is it used in? Is it specialized for the Frontier in any way?

·
Registered
17 Posts
According to the Haynes manual, it is the FS5R30A, and it is the only five-speed manual transmission in Nissan's fleet, so, yes, it is rather specialized.

That always makes me wonder: if Nissan has 6-speed mannies for even the lowly Versa, then why bother with this utterly plebian design at all, and for just one engine in just one truck? As we say at my warehouse: "Club another seal!"
(This refers to a film shown in junior high where they showed a fur seal hunt in graphic detail, but at the same time banned "A Charlie Brown Christmas" because it might offend some people. In other words, it just makes no logical sense.) Nissan uses the same automatic for all Frontier models, so why not the same stick? Hmm... should call them about that.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the research. It would be nice to be able to get the 6 speed but I supposed 6th would be too tall for the 2.5.

That's a funny story. Yet another example of out of control politically correctness.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts