Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have already looked to see if I could find a solution to my problem but I couldn't seem to find it. so here goes.

I have an 03 Frontier 4x4 XE w/o the power package. I dont mind the manual windows but the manual locks are killing me. Can someone point me in the correct direction to figure out how to put in power locks so I can get my keyless entry back? thanks for the help even if its just a reference to a post i couldn't find.

·
Registered
366 Posts
i have my solinoids and everything installed. i just have no idea how to wire up my keyless entry. it has directions but it would be better to have my dog tell me how to put them in that try to read theirs

·
Registered
874 Posts
keyless entry module is needed or a full on alarm with actuators, you basically apply power and ground to the module and run power into the doors for the actuators from the keyless module, alarm is a bit more complex as it does more but same situation

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Commando - 12 Volt Auto Accessories They have everything you need minus the 2 way momentary switch. I am in the process of installing mine right now soon as I have it completed I will post pictures. its mostly straight forward hardest part is where you want to hide your wires.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I did this conversion with an 03 xterra. An alarm system capable of keyless entry and lock solinoids was used. worked great

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pictures are awesome! maybe you could do a write up on it? I'm a step by step example kind of guy. one quick question, did you get this kit?
Commando Universal 2 Door Power Lock Kit

BTW...what year is your truck?

Commando - 12 Volt Auto Accessories They have everything you need minus the 2 way momentary switch. I am in the process of installing mine right now soon as I have it completed I will post pictures. its mostly straight forward hardest part is where you want to hide your wires.
Does anyone know if this is true for the 03 XE models?

i believe you need a system for cable operated locks, like the second gen.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
I got the 4 door version of the same thing. I have the 2005 CC SE 4x4 version. its a bit cold out here so its going to take some time to get installed and I realy only have a few hours each weekend to work on it. That is why I have been driving around town with no door pannel on my drivers side this week. The other reason its going to take me more time is im also doing the power windows at the same time. now remeber if you want remote locks you will also need the keyless entry kit. I just went to the local autoparts store and bough the cheap version which will be replaced in a few months when I save up the money for a Viper 5902. So I got a bulldog system even though I know they have a bad chance to give out. if you want door switchesyou will need 2 of these30 Amp Relay with HarnessThis is how im adding the switches in. http://www.commandoalarms.com/reversepolaritylocks.pdf what I will do is start a thread to do a install here are some threads that helped me. http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f8/installing-power-door-locks-46122/ so the most time consuming part is going to be running the wires so they are hidden, and the and the plastic wire saver that is between the door and body is a tight fit so when you are putting your wires in it you will need to tape your wires to a screwdriver or something. there is a tread in here about a defrosting side mirror ahh here it is took a bit to find it and look at post 3 for running the wires to the door.http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f10/how-install-heated-mirrors-24476/ soon ill get some pics up and start a how to.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
If anyone can help id appriciate it.

My actuators have 5 wires coming out ground, lock/unlock input, and lock/unlock output.

My keyless has 6 wires that need hooked up.

3 under lock outputs
1.Normally closed
2.common
3.normally open

3 under unlock outputs
1.Normally closed
2.common
3.normally open

I just dont know if i hook the wires from the keyless up the the inputs on the actuators or outputs

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
who makes your keyless entry and what model? the 5 wire acuator is so that when you turn your key in the door it unlocks all the doors. only 2 control the lock and unlock and the others are Brown is constant 12V and the other 2 triger the module to trip the others.

·
Registered
890 Posts
98-04 do not use cable, they are rod style just a standard actuator hooked up to a keyless entry module, or alarm would do just fine, ive had mine for almost a year now and have been workin like champs, not to always be pluggin em but bestbuy can install them for you if you want

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
hey yall just an update the kit I got came in with a frozen actuator wont move any direction and not even by hand. sent back to get kit replaced. so going to guess another week. then next day without snow and warm enough to not freeze while intall ill be doing it.

·
Registered
366 Posts
i tried wiring my stuff up a week ago. the power locks work fine. the wireless on the other hand worked twice then all the fuses blew.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts