Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
That seems like a lot of money for something pretty simple looking. Have you tried to see what a local fab shop can do for you?

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
.. seems like a lot of money for something pretty simple looking...
^+1

What's it for? skid? lights? ramming?... kinda pricey @ $545.oo

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
its good for nothing but holding lights, and bending up and hitting your hood when you hit the bottom of it on something.

you can get custom stuff fabbed up for less that won't impede vehicle clearance.

to give you an idea, i got this beaut fabbed up for $150. it may be different than what you are looking for, but it may spark some ideas. it was sturdy, didn't impede clearance, and made the truck look great. now belongs to another CF member.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good call. I'll look into a local fab shop to have something made since I own the truck now and don't mind hacking up the bumper cover. Yes, it's mainly for lights, but I don't like the bolt on bull bars since they take away front clearance. My cheap home depot made bar vibrates way too much.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's the same one other people have made on here out of aluminum angle. It stinks. The black magic lights are just too heavy and the 1/2" angle twists.

·
Registered
304 Posts
hey my bar made from hunter in texas is good for some things
first it doesn't rattle around, it satys on tight.
second I did hit some brush and it took it right under like it's supposed to
third when ever you work on the front end for any reason it helps you get up!

;)

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
hey my bar made from hunter in texas is good for some things
first it doesn't rattle around, it satys on tight.
second I did hit some brush and it took it right under like it's supposed to
third when ever you work on the front end for any reason it helps you get up!

;)
Your bull bar is nice! I want one just like it but with nothing in the middle. No cross bars to hold lights. Just that lower case n shape as a bull bar. Is there a name for that stlye? Or do you know where I can get one?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts