Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I know I'm not the only one that does it.....fess up!

Life sure would have been easier if I had remembered to put the #6 plug wire on before re-installing the upper plenum. Got it done, but my hands would have been much happier in the reverse order.

What have you done to make your life more difficult

·
Registered
374 Posts

Life sure would have been easier if I had remembered to put the #6 plug wire on before re-installing the upper plenum. Got it done, but my hands would have been much happier in the reverse order.

Eating a lot. I am almost 6ft and when a 6ft person tries to look for a midsize truck, not a lot of options are available hahaha.::laugh:: I was so close to buying the new chevy colorado until I saw that i could fit in a frontier ::grin::::grin::::grin::::grin::::grin::

·
Registered
252 Posts

I did EXACTLY the same thing 2 weeks ago. I figured it wouldnt be an issue, but holy hell was it. I never actually even saw the #6 plug....eventually I got the plug wire where it needed to be and heard/felt the click as it snapped onto the plug.

On the bright side, I remembered to TIGHTEN the plug before I put the upper plenum back on. I had changed it myself a few years ago but apparently it wasnt tight (or tight enough) and I was still able to get a couple turns on it with everything removed.

·
Registered
2017 Pro-4X w/Luxury Package
957 Posts
I think that area back there is called the Valley of Darkness or something like that... where one can never see anything.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Because this is the valley of darkness stripped bare! This gives you a view of the holy grail, the knock sensor!

·
Registered
306 Posts
More like the valley of lost flesh. No lie, I literally had a coworker accuse me of street fighting during my off hours due to fresh wounds on my knuckles and wrists during the few days I was reassembling the engine components. Even told me that sort of thing isn't tolerated at my company lol.

The actual culprit... aside from that damn #6 spark plug... I installed a new FPR, got the engine back together, then realized I forgot to connect the vaccume line from the FPR to the Intake Manifold.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts