Username: Magnuts
Year: 2022
Make: Nissan
Model: Frontier Crew Cab 4x4
Trim: SV
Color: Blue

Mods:
Interior: Nissan floor liners, WeBoost cradle booster
Exterior: Bed management system, aluminum topper, removed front air dam, LED headlight bulbs, custom roof rack and awning
Drivetrain:
Suspension & Tires: 275/70/17 Falken Wildpeak AT, RC 1.5” rear shackles
Armor:
Performance:
Gear and Other: Smittybilt 2781 on board compressor, recovery gear and other gear for the beach

Here is my starting point. 2022 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4 Crew Cab. I was interested in an S with no technology package, but was happy to find an SV with no tech.

I have an appointment in about a week for the dealership to install the hitch and wiring, electronic tailgate lock and Nissan floor liners. The truck will be getting 275/70/17 Falken Wildpeaks installed this week.

I’ll be building truck bed drawers with a carpeted platform, while trying to keep it as lightweight as possible. Then, I have plans for a DIY canopy/topper. This will have a wooden skeleton, wrapped in a reinforced polypropylene membrane. I have access to this material through work. I have ran softoppers on two trucks in the past and am a big fan, aside from the lack of security. This setup will be secure, and provide a mounting point for my rook rack and awning that will be swapped over from my Jeep.
Sky Tire Wheel Water Automotive carrying rack

I removed the front lower air dam on the frontier and have been considering a set of ditch lights.
Automotive parking light Tire Plant Automotive side marker light Wheel

I’m really excited about this truck and can’t wait to get it setup and off pavement!

· Registered
2022 Frontier SV 4X4
635 Posts
Great looking truck. I really like that blue! Out of curiosity, does it have a solid or sliding rear window? Can't quite tell from the pictures.

Reactions: 20009

· Registered
2022 Frontier
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Put some work into the Frontier bed tonight. I’ve built a few different drawer systems for past pickups but wanted to keep this one as light as possible. Found the perfect size plastic bins and refinished a vintage gas can to have some backup fuel.
I’m pretty happy with the result. The bins are 40” so there is a space under the front panel for items that won’t be used often. Added some additional tie down points for lightweight items.
Car Plant Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

Land vehicle Car Tire Vehicle Wheel

Plant Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rectangle Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Asphalt Road surface Flooring Floor

· Registered
2022 Frontier
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I’m in Suffolk! Where are you located? And I have in the past. I think I’m going to get the beach pass this summer. Maybe I’ll see you out there! Lol
Nice. I’m in Nassau and have had a beach permit the last couple summers. Great time! Make sure you buy it before Memorial Day, as they’re not available again until Labor Day.

· Registered
2022 Frontier
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got the first step completed on my topper today. I still have to stain the interior, clean things up a bit. It will have a roof rack with awning and hi-lift and Mole bags on the side racks. I might make a new back door as well. This one is functional but I’m not 100% pleased with it. Thinking of getting a sheet of HDPE and making a door and a DIY Mountain Hatch tailgate cover.
Wheel Tire Automotive tail & brake light Sky Car

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Automotive side-view mirror Car Wheel Tire Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

1 - 20 of 115 Posts