Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gents. looking to increase low end torque, while not hurting gas milage and hoping the system isn't TOO loud. it's confusing, some say less backpressure, less torque, others say the opposite. anyone out there have the mag cat back installed? feedback?

thanks, eh.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
what, is this question too hot to handle?! has this path been tread too many times? surely, there must be someone out there who has experience with this product...

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Don't get it. I've put out at least $600 trying to fix my problem...problem was the magnaflow. Lost a crap load of low end power, and throttle response is dead. Get a flowmaster catback. If you are like me, a 6spd, you'll hate it even more, cuz it's easier to notice.

But this is from MY experience. Others might disagree.

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
it's Nanerpus!!!!!!!

I went to shop, talked to them about it they did a new flomaster Y, and was goign to do flowmaster mufflers tell I siad I dn't care how load it was and put the magnaflows in. What he said was to use the same size pipes and jsut make the flow the same. Going to shop and having it done will cost you less then buying a kit, and a good shop will be able to get you what you want..

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
depends on the year and engine your truck has, i have a first gen truck with the 3.3 and have the magnaflow kit, i LOVE it andthe only gripe i have about it is that it does not come with a new y pipe but other then that i love mine. the sound is awesome, not ricey at all, and the extra power is good too.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
A magnaflow system with a straight thru design has the potential to give you the best absolute gains of any exhaust system out there. A couple others who also with a straight thru design like borla, etc. will also give pretty equal results. The issue in most cases of lost power is sometimes due to poor intake, but the main problem is usually your A/F ratio is usually thrown off by a good flowing exhaust system. The cure for that is a good tune. With a good tune, you will see only gains through out the full rpm range with a good flowing system like magnaflow.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Once again Rodney you hit the nail on the head. :goodjob:

I have a custom catback with magnaflow mufflers (muffler + resonator), no torque or hp problems here.
Custom Y and mufflers, stock there back. Sound great, not too loud, no drone! That and the UpRev Tune of course!

·
Registered
52 Posts
cats and back!

i had magnaflow on an altima in the past and i loved it, high flow cat and the cat back. working on installing the cats on my 04 s/c frontier (nismo'd out). when i get it all on ill let you know what i think. still waiting on a new y pipe from dealership tough. . . guess they cant find maps for a VQ33ER. the r doesnt exist to them

1 - 9 of 9 Posts