Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 199 Posts

·
Banned
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WRP Technology is proud to announce the first ever lightweight underdriven power steering pulley for both the VK56 and VQ40 platform.

This pulley features a 10% underdriven ratio which allows for a reduction in parastatic drag. It is also over 55% lighter then stock which allows for a faster rev. This underdriven ratio will not affect your power steerings performance at low speeds.

I will set up a group buy shortly!

Stock Component -

This is the aftermarket component we made for a prototype -

When we do the production on this component, we will shave approximately another 2-3 ounces off since we made the back lip to thick.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Nice Will...

MORE PARTS

So what exactly does this do? relieve the engine? faster revs = more power to the electrical system?

Cost? GB?

Maybe Light Pulley Package ( Crank and steering)?

Thanks again for the commitment to our truck

·
Banned
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Since I cannot post in the group buy section -

In order to complete this group buy we will need 25 buyers for this component - Price is $125 shipped in the USA. Since it's shared between the Frontier and the Titan, I suspect this will move fast! We will leave the g/b open for 48 hours after the last number needed to allow for people to get it on it.

No you will not need a new belt for the component, your belt tensioner will allow the needed slack.

In order to remit payment please send your payment via pay pal to [email protected] - Please indicate what your screen name is and what forum you are from, also please let us know what your vehicle platform is.

Mods: - I have worked with M4ck so I have approval to do group buys, please do not move the thread. Thank you

·
Banned
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Payments received:

1) TitanBlue - ClubTitan - paid - Titan

Payments received:

1)TitanBlue - ClubTitan - paid - Titan
2)06NISMOCrew- clubfrontier - paid - frontier
3)Irongrave - clubfrontier - paid - frontier

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
crap, first the crank pulley, now this one and I am still broke. I hope you know that it is truly awsome that you are putting this stuff together for us! Thanks!

·
Registered
8,742 Posts
Hehehe, you guys with the under drive crank pulley are going to have fun with this one!

12% underdrive on the main pulley, 10% additional on the steering.....

But cool, thank you for making more componants. So I guess this means that the VK56 steering pump is the same as ours?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
ok, like i posted in the GB...the statement is no loss of power steering at low speeds...so what about high speeds? what is the effect at high speed and what is defined as high speed?

·
Banned
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
teksupportdude said:
i was just thinking what would happen if we underdrived all our pullys...how much hp would that gain?

i was also thinking, we need a group buy for both pullys and the intake plentum when it is done
yea well, for right now we are doing them seperate - it's easier that way :)

Blaze_tylr said:
WTF why didn't you yell me this on the phone today .I would have bought one as well and saved on shipping .

I didn't know that I was talking to you :) That and I was waiting on some parts to come back from the shop

sleepy23 said:
ok, like i posted in the GB...the statement is no loss of power steering at low speeds...so what about high speeds? what is the effect at high speed and what is defined as high speed?

it would only be low speeds that people would need to be concerned with - high speed presents no issues at all -

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
and just broke down and ordered this while i was getting the ims...again i say...you suck will. by that i mean great products, bad timing.

·
Registered
40 Posts
wperdigon said:
No you will not need a new belt for the component, your belt tensioner will allow the needed slack.
Does this stay true for those that already have the lightened crank pulley? if so count me in. Damn you Will! Don't worry it's a good thing when I say that. Seriously... just set up a direct deposit so when you come out with something new you'll already have my money.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Dont forget to count me in! I will have the money wired by tomorrow! Im taking a loan out under my parents bahahahah!

·
Banned
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Payments received:

4)Sleepy23 - clubfrontier - paid - frontier
5)RB'sTitan - clubtitan - paid - titan

jiggapn0y said:
Does this stay true for those that already have the lightened crank pulley? if so count me in. Damn you Will! Don't worry it's a good thing when I say that. Seriously... just set up a direct deposit so when you come out with something new you'll already have my money.
no, your tensioner will allow you the slack needed for this - the pulley about 2 cm bigger in over all diameter

·
Banned
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Payments received:

4)Sleepy23 - clubfrontier - paid - frontier
5)RBsTitan - clubtitan - paid - titan
6)psychoam2 - clubfrontier - paid - fontier
7)shinermiller - clubfrontier.org - paid - frontier