Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start by saying I don't have pictures because it's dark. I'll post pics tomorrow. But the M226 is in, as well as the 3 leaf pack. The truck finally sits level at 42 inches at each fender.

The locker is yet to be wired up, it will be wired later this weekend though. I'll get working on the pictures for you guys!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Cool man, subscribed, I want to see how it looks. Hope you too lots of pic and congratz!!! I'm sure you like your 3 leaf pack as well!

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, I had Royal Purple 75-90 put in the diff. On here I always here a different weight. Is this going to be a problem.....should I swap the fluids out? Also, only two quarts was used, should I add more?

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
15,482 Posts
hahaha, I pay cash.

Not sure what I'll be going with. How much did you drop on the rears if you don't mind me asking.
I honestly don't know, as I bought everything as one package from Greg. I think my complete setup was $1800 shipped to Canada. Included f/r radflos: 2.5" front and external res rear, camber bolts, deaver AAL and the UCAs

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
Are the shock mounts on the m226 the same width as those on your old axle?

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
Wow.... same size centerpin hole on spring perches and everything?

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
I have to ask, did you run into any issues with the ABS lines or anything?

I remember Penski stating that when he swapped from the c200k to the m226, he had to order new ABS lines, but Andy didn't so I am trying to see if you did or not.

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I did not do the swap. I can't afford to have the truck down that long, but I hang out at the shop where I get the major mods done at and assist when I can while the guys do most of the work (I know, I know it's not as cool to some if you don't do the work yourself, but I'd rather be at home with the kids :). The passenger side ABS connector was broken, so the guys that did the swap took one from the C200 and used it on the M226.

Oh, I got my hands on a wiring harness for the locker. It appears to be the correct one, only it's about three feet long total. The connectors fit perfect though. It was a b*tch to find a part number (24168-EA800 just in case someone needs one in the future). Soon I'll have a functioning locker with the 4 slot factory switch panel and 4 new OTRATTW switches to play with.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Thanks for the info. I am just trying to get all the info I can when I go for the swap myself.

I do agree thou, spending time with your family is defiently better then just working on your truck.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
It was a b*tch to find a part number (24168-EA800 just in case someone needs one in the future).
Thank you.

Just cut the harness in the middle and add an extra 9" of wire.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.