Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just swapped the axle out of my 2008 NISMO with an axle from a 2015 PRO-4X. Afterwards my ABS and traction control lights are on. I disconnected the battery and did the reset (drive straight line thing) in hopes to reset the lights.
The speed senors look brand new on the new axle and are connected correctly.

The gearing matchs (as per clubfrontier) 3.36:1 as the axle came out of a pro 4x with auto trans.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

And is there anyone interested in my old axle? Seals are blown and bearings will need to be replaced. Not sure the condition of the carrier and ring/pinion gears or the locker. I could do the work and ship.

·
Registered
58 Posts
One thing I have found since getting my truck is DON'T UNPLUG ANYTHING WITHOUT DISCONNECTING THE BATTERY FIRST! These things just plain do not like you to unplug anything with the battery connected. It seems to give the computer fits! Luck for me I have a relative with his own shop so he has reset some things for free. My advice, find a friendly local shop and pay them a few bucks to reset the computer for you.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
OP where do you live?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Vancouver Island. (west coast).

As for my lights, I figured it out. Was a damaged connector on the replacement axle. Spliced one from the old WSS and voila!

Thanks for the suggestion vaethund.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I would be interested in the axle, but shipping might be a bit pricey. :(

Glad you found the solution to your question!

·
Registered
770 Posts
I would be interested in the axle, but shipping might be a bit pricey. :(

Glad you found the solution to your question!
I had an axle shipped via freight from Oregon to Georgia and it was only $170

1 - 7 of 7 Posts