Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking here for a while, doing some research on the frontier. I am about ready to buy one but I am waiting for my company to give me the go ahead.

My company right now buys us salesmen trucks, but they are getting away from the program due to insurance costs. They will be giving us a flat stipend for travel. I am not sure if they will make me drive my current 08 Silverado to 150k (at 97k now) or if I will be able to get out of it sooner. I really want out of the truck asap. Its been a good truck, but it is 2WD and I have a monster driveway. Not to mention I have a huge sales territory that covers 2 mountain ranges and some of the snowiest terrain her in upstate NY.

I drive on average about 50k miles a year and the less I spend on a truck, the more I pocket.

If anyone needs to know anything about concrete, I'm your man.

·
Super Moderator
11,077 Posts
Welcome to the forum. How about pressing the point that you need 4WD to be more productive?

Clint

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Press the point with my company? I tried, we all did. I drive 2wd, my co workers and my bosses have 2wd. The logic we always had was "if its bad enough that you need 4x4, then we dont want you driving our truck there".

Its all about who is in power at the company. In the late 80s we had F250 4x4 Diesels, in the economic downturn of the early 90s we got Tauruses and Impalas and in 2003 we went to 2WD 1/2 tons. In 2008 we got a new CEO and its the "heres a check, drive whatever you want" policy.

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts