Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am trying to figure out if there is an axle swap I can do to my 2wd L4 XE, to something that has an LSD, or at least has an aftermarket one available. Door sticker says CA39, which isn't listed on the forum "sticky" posts that I can find anyway. I am not looking for an easy or cheap solution, just a good one. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,188 Posts
I would thing that a "CA39" would be a C200 axle with a 3.90:1 gear ratio. I know ARB made air lockers for the C200 rears... or, at least "used to." You'll have to check with them. There were some C200 axles that came with LSD from the factory, but they are probably like trying to find a needle in a haystack! I believe the R200 diffs were interchangeable with the C200 diffs, but you would have to do some research on that, as my memory ain't what it used to be! It's a lot easier to find LSD options for the H233B axle.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I would thing that a "CA39" would be a C200 axle with a 3.90:1 gear ratio. I know ARB made air lockers for the C200 rears... or, at least "used to." You'll have to check with them. There were some C200 axles that came with LSD from the factory, but they are probably like trying to find a needle in a haystack! I believe the R200 diffs were interchangeable with the C200 diffs, but you would have to do some research on that, as my memory ain't what it used to be! It's a lot easier to find LSD options for the H233B axle.
Thanks man. I would prefer LSD if at all possible. How feasible is it to swap with an H233B? Easy enough to find one that has LSD or one that there's an aftermarket one for it?

·
Super Moderator
3,188 Posts
It's doable, but the emergency brake systems are different and I'm not sure if the rear U-joints are the same size. Pathfinder axles are different because of their coil spring suspension compared to the pickup's leaf springs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool. I'm all about DIY but this is something that might be better for a reputable shop to do for me.

·
Super Moderator
3,188 Posts
If you Google C200 to H233B axle swap, you should be able to find a good deal of info on the web.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts