1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
There are only a handful on this site. Most members lift their trucks here

·
Registered
969 Posts
No kidding. There's not much room to go before you're riding on the bumpstop. I'd guess around 2" would be the max and still have SOME room for compression.

Any pics of the suspension?
Id like to see more pics and how he did it. I wouldnt mind making mine a nice little street truck one day.

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
No kidding. There's not much room to go before you're riding on the bumpstop. I'd guess around 2" would be the max and still have SOME room for compression.

Any pics of the suspension?
i think it's 2" to the bumpstops :thatswck:

·
Registered
121 Posts
i think it's 2" to the bumpstops :thatswck:
You're right. I was thinking there was ~2" of space between the bump and stop but it's closer to 1". That would probably result in ~2" of drop at the wheel. Good catch.

The only way to do it would be to cut the stop off the frame and mount it a bit higher up. I'm not really a fan of dropped trucks, but I do like suspension engineering. I'd really like to see this setup.

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
You're right. I was thinking there was ~2" of space between the bump and stop but it's closer to 1". That would probably result in ~2" of drop at the wheel. Good catch.

The only way to do it would be to cut the stop off the frame and mount it a bit higher up. I'm not really a fan of dropped trucks, but I do like suspension engineering. I'd really like to see this setup.
yea i think that's what NISLO did, cut the factory bump stops, added air stops and moved them up quite a bit higher. think he ended up with 3-4" of drop in the front. the rear is about the same so the frame has to be c-notched if you want to go down much, if at all

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
when I set my front end up on the radflos I replaced the rubber pad mounted on the LCA with a low profile one form Energy Suspension. had about a 1 inch drop and 2 inches of travel with that set up. Past 2 inches you start running into camber issues on gen 2 trucks

·
Registered
2 Posts
so let me be the tard, you got it lowered in the front pretty well with just loading torsion bar? and doing this did it firm up the front end. and for the back you lowered it with a block kit?

1 - 20 of 61 Posts