Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 SV 4.0 4X4 came with 26 lbs in all the tires. - did 150 miles before I checked..steering felt 'tight', OK...lesson learned. why would they do that ? seems intentional, all were exactly the same. anyone ever experience this?

·
Registered
887 Posts
Dealers don't do much more than wash the vehicle. If you were expecting a full vehicle inspection, mmm, no. The salesman should have noticed it, if he even looked.

·
Banned
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well...I think it's a little harder with today's tires to eyeball low tire pressure but dang it, I thought they had a faint sag on day 1 and sure enough I should have checked right away.. no harm done I suppose. A lot of people though would have driven on that for a long time and possibly started some bad wear pattern.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I believe the sensors only catch it if one tires is significantly differently than the others. Ie one tire at 26 lbs and the rest at 35 lbs.

·
Registered
144 Posts
2019 SV 4.0 4X4 came with 26 lbs in all the tires. - did 150 miles before I checked..steering felt 'tight', OK...lesson learned. why would they do that ? seems intentional, all were exactly the same. anyone ever experience this?
Well, it is winter, and tire pressure does change with temperature, so it's possible that the tires were aired up some place warm to the correct pressure and cold temperatures reduced it. It's also possible that somebody misread their gauge, or used a faulty one. Stuff happens.

·
Banned
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, you are entitled to an opinon regardless of how valid or utterly ridiculous I might think it is.

·
Banned
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I hear you and you are right - and I have done that for years for any new or used I've bought - but as Murphy would dictate, the one time I don't ...Glad I got to it eventually - under is way worse that over inflated in my book. I should never have expected from a japanese car dealership what I would from a german one (sometimes a ridiculous meticulousity is a good thing!)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts