Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, just wanted to get an opinion before I ordered some... for those of you that have the low profile bump stops what do you think of them? would you prefer to stick with stock bump stops, or the low profile? I'm getting aftermaret UCA's, most likely going to stick with the stock torsion bars for now and see how they perform, but I was trying to decide whether or not to buy the low profile bump stops too. thanks.

·
Registered
556 Posts
The aftermarket UCAs allow more droop. Low profile upper bump stops also allow more droop. Combining the two allows the CV to get to a steeper angle when the suspension tops out. Same goes for ball joint spacers when used in combination. It is at your own risk but unless you go ahead and do the diff drop kit as well you may end up stressing your CV joints more than they can handle.

I run AC UCAs and have had the diff drop on mine since day 1. I have only ever broken one CV and that was because I was absolutely beating on my truck and had the wheel cranked hard when I did it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks... where did you get your diff drop from?

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
im running all 3 (UCAs, BJ spacer and ultra low pro bumpstops) and havent had a problem yet

i do have my diff drop to install but im just to lazy haha

as long as your ok on the throttle you will be fine

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey fusion, did you get your diff drop from SLR, or somewhere else?

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
you can still get the bushings from 4x4parts.com

and as for the sleeves, SLR is still around, just drop him an email and he'll make you a set of those... thats what i did

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nah im 4x4 all the way man. lol there isnt a person in my family that even owns a vehicle thats 4x2.

thanks fusion

1 - 9 of 9 Posts