Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking around on this site off and on for a while, learned a lot for sure. I've got a 1999 frontier, second owner, 175k miles. No major mods, but it's just my little back and forth to work truck. I've got a couple projects I wanna get started, so I'll be posting in the appropriate forum. Thanks in advance for all the help!

·
Registered
397 Posts
...welcome and enjoy your new obsession!

Reactions: Alg1892

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It doesn't have much power, but does pretty good on gas. I've had three 4 cylinders (91, 97, and 99) I also had an 88 and I wanna say it was 6 cylinder but I can't remember. The only real thing I have to compare them to is my buddy's 2012(maybe?) 4 door 4wd v6( not sure what gen that is). And it's a world of difference, I've pulled a small tractor with his and it did fine.

With mine, I can definitely tell when I've got my '15 Honda Rubicon loaded with coolers and all on a 5x8 wood floor trailer behind it. I have to downshift on most hills to make it. I've pulled a 1400lb sxs on a 6 1/2x10 trailer several times, but it was all it wanted to pull it.

A lot of that I think is just because the motor in it is weak. The old man I bought if from(original owner) 4 years ago pulled his 17ft center console boat with it, how my h it weighed and how well it performed in not sure.

All in all I love the little truck, it won't pull a house down, but it gets me back and forth to work every day and doesn't mind the occasional load of firewood or scrap metal in the back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts