wonder if it will help going up hill?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Where can I get one of those?!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
shiite! You'd need like a full-size shop air compressor for that thing! Funny I thought it was the little horn on the roof of his scion until I saw the horn in the back!

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Friend of mine replaced his spare with a set of train horns. You can hear him over a mile away.
Locomotive horns require phenominal volumes of air. Locomotive compressors produce upwards of 300 to 900 CFM at like 140 PSI because they need to supply air to the brakes (and even the windshield wipers!). My Dad once owned a 220V air compressor in his shop with good capacity. I hooked only a CNS&M interurban whistle to it and it drained the tank in about three seconds. It was cool though -- like your friend's horn, my whistle could be heard in the next county.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
... or you can pick up some nathan's which will set you back a few hundred bucks, but are loud. ...
Southern Railway (now Norfolk Southern) used Nathan 5-Chime horns and holy cow they are LOUD. How people can drive their vehicles in front of an NS train I'll never know.

·
Premium Member
727 Posts

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
Southern Railway (now Norfolk Southern) used Nathan 5-Chime horns and holy cow they are LOUD. How people can drive their vehicles in front of an NS train I'll never know.
yeah, it really hurts when they are right next to you and you are on a bike. About blows your ear drums out

1 - 14 of 14 Posts