Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I am driving there is a loud, almost what I would describe as a wind noise "whine" coming from what seems to be the rear of the truck. It ONLY happens when I have my foot on the gas and it only makes itself known around 60 mph and above. The truck drives fine with the occasional drive-line slack "jolt" when decelerating. I do have some vibrations when accelerating, but only around 30-45 mph.

Thoughts? Truck is a 2007 4x4 CC long bed Automatic

I tried looking on the forums and google for a similar topic but had no luck.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
14,118 Posts
I'm not really sure how to check it honestly
then you won't be able to replace it, either. You will need a shop. Basically, if the rubber is soft or cracked around the bearing, that is a problem.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
then you won't be able to replace it, either. You will need a shop. Basically, if the rubber is soft or cracked around the bearing, that is a problem.
That what they said was messed up. The rubber casing around the bearing itself.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well there ya go. Get it replaced - will make a huge difference. They just go over time, designed to wear.
Should I try to find a certain type of shop? And I guess I might as well have the driveshaft balanced while they have if off huh?

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I had the same problem

I had the same problem earlier this year. The problem was worn U joints in the front propeller shaft. Most of the time I am in 2WD which means this torque tube is unloaded so I didn't get the "clunk." But it can vibrate in sympathy to the moving truck thus the whine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts