Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys/gals,

I have a 2nd gen 08' CC LB truck with 12,5k miles on it. I have taken it off road an amount, but nothing hard and I dont' drive it hard off road. Mainly trails you could be in 2wd in and be ok, I run 4hi so I don't burn my rear tires all the time. I also have done some 4x4 in lo time to time, but not a whole lot. Its been tweaked pretty good too, but I'm easy on it.

Anyways, my truck, from the CC and back to the bumper, sounds like crap. Something back there is not right. I was wheeling today, and took off my rear tailgate b/c I thought that was making the noise. It was making some of it, but the back end of my bed is noisy. I've been under the truck many times, can't find anything loose.

Any ideas? I feel like the bed is loose from the frame or something, but I can't find any where it looks loose.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
My truck sounds like the biggest pile of sh!t ever because of the squeaky leafs and tailgate rattle. It literally sounds like my truck is one bolt away form falling completely apart when I am in the dirt. But I don't really care much, it's a truck...just embarrassing when I have put so much time and effort into it.

The tailgate bushings/latches are complete crap and so are the leaf springs, they will squeak and rattle after the first few weeks of owning the stupid thing. Nissan has pretty much ignored any fault. I have given up and will be simply removing my tailgate even though I never wanted to. You can try to bring it back to the dealer and they will provide a temporary solution, but ultimately they are replacing it with Nissan parts so it will be the same in a few weeks anyways.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
can't say i've ever noticed the back of my truck making any noise. you might just want to keep the windows rolled up and invest in a decent stereo system, that way you won't even notice it if there something noisy there

·
Registered
52 Posts
My Tailgate Sounds Terrible Whenever I Drive Over Speed Bumps. Drives Me Crazy.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
take your tailgate back off and have a look at the bushings on each side. The bushings are pressed into the brackets and are prone to breaking, mine actually split apart. You may have to look really close. My passanger side was a no brainer, but the drivers side wasnt so visible, but still cracked. The new ones I got looked to be another 1/8 or so thicker. Other than that check your spare and make sure its snug under the bed. Bed bolts make sure there tight and yes leafs are usually a litle squeaky. Good luck post up what you find.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My truck sounds like the biggest pile of sh!t ever because of the squeaky leafs and tailgate rattle. It literally sounds like my truck is one bolt away form falling completely apart when I am in the dirt. But I don't really care much, it's a truck...just embarrassing when I have put so much time and effort into it.

The tailgate bushings/latches are complete crap and so are the leaf springs, they will squeak and rattle after the first few weeks of owning the stupid thing.
That is frustrating when its a truck, and it rattles like this. Supposed to drive them off road. Sweet job Nissan on a badass bed liner, clets, all the nice components in the bed on 2nd gen, but put the gate on correctly. Also funny you mentioned embarassing, because I was when I was near others.

Anyone know if the AAL by PRG or other companies helps these leaf springs not make sounds?

take your tailgate back off and have a look at the bushings on each side. The bushings are pressed into the brackets and are prone to breaking, mine actually split apart. You may have to look really close.
Yeah, I was going so crazy, I had my wife wheel down while I rode in the bed and tried to find the rattles. LOL, I am calm now, but was super pi$$ed driving home today. I took the gate off, and put it in my back seat, and still got an amount of rattles. I think the gate was about 50% of the sound.

I am going to take it in this week and will update. Love taking my vacation to take my truck to the dealer :p Think I'm up to 3 - 4 days since buying it off the lot in Oct.

Ohh well, my bank and I are in bed now with it lol

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
**UPDATE**
Took glacier to the dealer today, told them the noise I had. Me and the tech drove around, he crawled under the truck. Checked the springs, spare tire, bed bolts, and a few other things. Said he wanted to take it to the shop. He said he tightened the rear bumper, but couldn't find anything else.

He told me it looks like somebody, me, or whoever, had tightened the bed bolts before. The bolts had wrench marks on them. I am not really concerned, but I'm the only owner, had it about 7 months, and nobody has ever touched the bed bolts that I'm aware of. Hopefully its fixed and that means nothing.

Also gave me crap about "rattles and squeeks" are covered by a 12k / 12 month warranty and I'd have to pay. Went back and forth a little, and later when they called me, didn't charge me to do anything. Who knows if its fixed, was raining really hard on the way home, and I couldn't hear any noises...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts