Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My rabbit Sebastian "the Fu" passed away last night. He wasnt eating since last Wednesday. He went to the vet on Friday, and after only a minute there, the vet said it was an obstruction in his stomach, most likely just a hairball. I had to give him medicine for a week and see if it made him go to the bathroom, and he would regain his want for food. All weekend he didnt eat. I tried force feeding and watering him with needless syringes, but he just let it dribble out of his mouth. It broke my heart watching him like that. Afterwork yesterday, I tried feeding him again, with no luck. I let him relax for a while, as I was doing stuff around the house. I went back to check on him, and he was curled up in a ball(which he never did), he had passed. The only other time I think I ever felt so lost was when my father died. He had gotten me through quite a bit. He hung out on my desk as I was on here reading, watched TV with me every Sunday afternoon, and even "groomed" my beard, something only Rabbits do to their utmost trusted and loved owners. I will miss him emensely.
I drove him to the nearby hiking trail that I love so much( I proposed to my fiance at the top of the mountain there), and with him wrapped in his blanket I buried him at the farthest and hardest to reach lake, an area i thought fit for him to be at.
May all your prayers be with my little buddy.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
That's depressing man. Sorry. It sucks to lose a good pet.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
man i feel for you. most times animals are better than people.....

·
Rogue Admin
12,849 Posts
ah bud - i had a rabbit that looked just like yours for years. his name was Doogie (prior to the the show, btw). I used to walk him in the park on a leash and people would stare! lol.

Soory for your loss, I know how cool these floppy ears can be as a pet.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Sorry for your loss bro. I feel your pain being an animal lover myself. My prayers are with you at this difficult time.:cry:

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
I had a Hamster named Sammy. The little trooper was 5yrs old when he passed due to prostate problems. Im sorry to hear this man.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts