Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 Frontier. Driving along, feels like truck slips into 4WD, loses power, multiple warning lights come on (see image), and showed low oil pressure. Turned it off, tried to restart...clicking. Turned it off, waited about 3 mins, started again but check engine light remained on; oil pressure went back to normal. This one has me stumped, any ideas?
Speedometer Tachometer White Odometer Motor vehicle

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
2015 Frontier. Driving along, feels like truck slips into 4WD, loses power, multiple warning lights come on (see image), and showed low oil pressure. Turned it off, tried to restart...clicking. Turned it off, waited about 3 mins, started again but check engine light remained on; oil pressure went back to normal. This one has me stumped, any ideas? View attachment 353731
failed alternator. CHeck battery voltage. Probably low in the 11s. Charge up battery. Start truck. Check battery voltage again. If not in the 14s, dead alt.

·
Super Moderator
12,317 Posts
Nissans are very temperamental when they have power issues. Make sure the battery terminals and posts are very clean, check the voltage of the battery and check the voltage while running.

Clint

Reactions: twoliggett

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
All that you see on the dash is a head fake. The truck is sayiing: "feed me some amps; I'm going to show you stupid stuff until you feed me." Find where the electrical hold up is and fix it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts