Nissan Frontier Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2004 Nissan Frontier crew cap xe it starts up normally but it lacks power when climbing a hill it Boggs down I changed the distributor and when I did it was really dirty, I put in a new one but it did the same thing you can rev it high but the 2nd-3rd time you rev it, It has that miss fire, I’m stuck can someone help me

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
It’s said knock sensor low circuit but I changed it and it’s still doing the same
This is very common; lack of clear directions on what is wrong with the truck. Going to the dealer is hit or miss. You may get an experienced mechanic who can figure it out. Or more likely a newbie that clears the code and then tells you need a new air filter or floor mat. The code comes back of course. Did you check the fuel pump?

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is very common; lack of clear directions on what is wrong with the truck. Going to the dealer is hit or miss. You may get an experienced mechanic who can figure it out. Or more likely a newbie that clears the code and then tells you need a new air filter or floor mat. The code comes back of course. Did you check the fuel pump?
Yeah I checked it, it was not that dirty but I put the citric foam in it to clean it out more but it still has that low power after the high rev, I can rev it high the rev it hard again it Bogged out not as much as before I put the foam in it

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Yeah I checked it, it was not that dirty but I put the citric foam in it to clean it out more but it still has that low power after the high rev, I can rev it high the rev it hard again it Bogged out not as much as before I put the foam in it
No, not the cleanliness of the pump. Volumetric flow rate and pressure.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts