Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2000 Frontier Crew Cab 4x4 SE, has what appears to be factory alarm system. I hate them and never use them but apparently this one arms itself. Windows were down but truck was locked, I reached in through open window and tried to unlock the power locks which tripped the alarm. Neither of the remotes that came with the truck will unlock the truck or deactivate the alarm, could be dead batteries or they might be worn out I don't know. The alarm finally quit on its own but truck won't start. Everything works but it won't try to start, if I use the power locks alarm goes of again. There is what appears to be a fuse box near the firewall that is factory, there are 5 modules under the cover (keyless, anti-theft headlamp,ascd,anti-theft horn, and fog lamp. My desire is to A: get my truck to start. B: deactivate this POS alarm forever. Any help much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
7,384 Posts
Insert key in drivers door and unlock twice.

·
Super Moderator
11,620 Posts
The activation of the alarm puts the starter in a non start condition.

Clint

·
Premium Member
7,384 Posts
Insert key in drivers door and unlock twice.
Speaking from experience here. My '00 had the factory security system...but when I bought it used in '05 it came w/ no FOB. I did exactly what the OP did -> unlocked the door through an open window then opened the door. >>ALARM<< Fortunately I recalled the above procedure and it worked like a charm.

·
Super Moderator
11,620 Posts
I bought extra fobs years ago on ebay for I think 2/$15 they were new and unused due to buyer getting an aftermarket remote start. There are online instructions on how you can program them easily yourself and then your good again.

Clint

1 - 7 of 7 Posts