Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,856 Posts
Check out Glamisdude's Comprehensive Audio guide. You should come up with a few threads with a forum search and a couple of them cover a fairly ridiculous amount of info on components that fit etc..

(FYI, it's a sticky at the top of the audio sub forum page ; )

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All double din housings are the same. The buttons on the 6.1" are on the side and make up the rest of the .9". The 7" have the buttons below.

So any double din will fit? I'd like to get the right dash kit for it too so I'm not left with gaps. Appreciate it guys! And I did check the stickies but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. Thanks

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
All double din housings are the same. The buttons on the 6.1" are on the side and make up the rest of the .9". The 7" have the buttons below.
The DIN standard specifies a size for the opening aperture. In the case of a double DIN unit it will measure 4"x7"-ish.

The actual spec is 180mmX100mm but 4"X7" is close enough for those countries that are still being knuckleheads by not switching to the metric system. :)

However, the DIN spec does not also specify a fixed depth of the unit. Some head units are deeper or shallower than others.

I have read/heard that some units won't easily fit in a Frontier because they are a bit too deep so one should always check a fit guide beforehand.

I've been buying stuff from Crutchfield for more than 20 years and they have a decent guide to what fits what:

Car Selector

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Crutchfield and sonic electronix are both great places to buy. Personally, I do my research on Crutchfield since their info tends to be better, then buy from Sonic because their prices are generally far better.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I'm thinking of getting a media player double din, because I ca do away with CD's and also they're not deep units like a traditional cd/DVD player.. And if I'm correct you're saying most double dins will fit fine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.