Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 2018 Frontier SV Crew Cab (5-ft bed) and am looking for suggestions for tie-down kits. Hoping for something like Utili Track Bed but not sure where to start. Since the bed has the stock drop-in bedliner not sure if this is even a good idea. Thoughts or advice please!!

SCS

·
Registered
968 Posts
UniStrut utility strut is close enough that the parts are interchangeable. You can purchase sections at Lowe's or Home Depot, sure others would have it too but these are ones I know. I used their captive spring nuts to install my tool holders in the side-rails and bolt down my 88LBS ( plus contents ) jobsite toolbox in the bed. Work great, super cheaper than any Genuine Nissan parts. The only big differences will be the Nissan parts have locating dimples at regular intervals for the tie-downs to engage and standard UniStrut is just galvanized carbon steel, so would require paint if you want to match colours or to add more corrosion resistance. BTW Home Depot calls theirs SuperStrut and it's quite a bit more cost effective than trademarked UniStrut parts, but are interchangable in size.

I'm actually going to mount some to the sides of my jobsite toolbox to increase my tie-down and tie-off options over just the five factory rails.

·
Registered
968 Posts
SC, you are very welcome, I certainly don't claim by any means to know all there is or even close, but when I first arrived last March, everyone was very welcoming and the oodles of older posts were gold for the mining when your a N00b trying to figure out what works and what doesn't, so good neighbors try to pay it forward.

I even went wheelin earlier this yr with three other guys from the Forum, and Joe, Mark and Eric plus my son and Mark's son had a great time out in Washington Jefferson State Park in Virginia. We even packed a big lunch and everyone had sandwiches, chips and sodas on the trail. Good camaraderie that I never would have experienced had I not joined. I know others have done the same, I see some of the travel posts from the guys ( and gals ) on the Left Coast and am just amazed at the scenery they are fortunate enough to live near.
Don't be afraid to get 'er out and get 'er dirty, my younger brother ( who's 49 ) commented that he thought mostly 20-somethings and early 30-somethings are the ones that get bitten by the 4x bug and I LOL'd and told him it was cheaper than SCCA racing, which I did in my late 20s, and if your a bit careful, the chances of wrecking are a lot lower. And overall it may even be a touch cheaper. Maybe. Perhaps. Okay, probably not. but I have to sell it to the Boss somehow.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I even went wheelin earlier this yr with three other guys from the Forum, and Joe, Mark and Eric plus my son and Mark's son had a great time out in Washington Jefferson State Park in Virginia. We even packed a big lunch and everyone had sandwiches, chips and sodas on the trail. Good camaraderie that I never would have experienced had I not joined.
This is what ultimately made me choose the Frontier. I haven't met anyone yet, not even sure there are any in my area, but the community seems a lot better than what I've seen from the other trucks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
mechanizeddeath
Nissan Frontier Forum
Welcome to our Nissan Frontier Forum! A premier community to share your mods and builds. Chat with like-minded Frontier owners.
Full Forum Listing